Alan Shearer

Weznufc

Shearer's exactly right with that but I find it a tad rich he keeps going on about how long it took to sack McClaren. Even after the Bournemouth game he refused to advocate a managerial change on MOTD. It was left to Martin fucking Keown to say it for him.

Shearer's exactly right with that but I find it a tad rich he keeps going on about how long it took to sack McClaren. Even after the Bournemouth game he refused to advocate a managerial change on MOTD. It was left to Martin fucking Keown to say it for him.

Bob moncur unscathed too naughty boy

Yep, he's perfectly correct in all he says but why wasn't he suggesting a change in manager in November/December? 

I am sure Sam Allardyce will have had a little smile to himself that this has turned out how it has.

It is incredible when you think that Newcastle have now gone down twice since they sacked him in 2008.

I know Sam and he has done a fantastic job at Sunderland.

Go fuck yourself Alan, once and for all.

Mostly correct accept that Allardyce is f***ing awful and nobody (including Shearer) was calling for McClaren to go.

Us silly, deluded geordies seeing through a manager when nobody in the media could until it was far too late. I am gobsmacked.

Just for anyone, journos mainly, pushing the "ironic that it was sacked former manager Sam Allardyce" line, it was a textbook "on the beach" performance from Allardyce's West Ham that confirmed our safety last season under the lip licker. Since Hull couldn't win their last game, it didn't matter at full time, but there were plenty of people bricking it when the game kicked off. One of them being Carver himself, I would imagine.

One season after Allardyce left, West Ham have been challenging for Champions League.

'The one thing you have to do in the Championship is to fight and scrap'

I'm sorry but that bit is just plain wrong, it's lazy often said nonsense, the Championship isn't like that anymore. Virtually none of the teams up the top 'fight and scrap'. They're organised and most play decent football on the floor. Look at the three that came up last season, Bournemouth (outplayed us twice), Watford (the same) and Norwich (certainly no scrapers).

Play good attacking football and be good defensively, two things Rafa will get us doing and we'll get out of that league impressively imo. 

The fight and scrap argument really is lazy PFM bullshit: Put to one side and ignore any actual footballing ability you may have, and just get out there and fight.

What does "fight" even mean nowadays in football?

It's the sort of mentality that has seen us take the field and get thrashed left right and centre by any team who fancied passing the ball. Including our local rivals.

The irony being that when fight and scrap was meant to be a focal point (like most of Pardew's lineups), the players had very little fight in them.

When we ended up run away winners of the Championship in 2010 we certainly didn't do it by fighting and scrapping.

I'm sorry but that bit is just plain wrong, it's lazy often said nonsense, the Championship isn't like that anymore. Virtually none of the teams up the top 'fight and scrap'. They're organised and most play decent football on the floor. Look at the three that came up last season, Bournemouth (outplayed us twice), Watford (the same) and Norwich (certainly no scrapers).

Play good attacking football and be good defensively, two things Rafa will get us doing and we'll get out of that league impressively imo. 

The one thing you need in the Championship is a little bit of quality, the standard's generally crap.  Our current squad of bottlers would walk it. 

This^

The one thing you need in the Championship is a little bit of quality, the standard's generally crap.  Our current squad of bottlers would walk it. 

I think if you look at the teams we put out in promotion season - especially the first half of it -you'll agree that we basically had a team (with exceptions) of grafters with hints of quality. In attack, especially, you won't get anywhere unless the quality is compounded with experience and a pair of bollocks. It's not like the Premier League. Defenders in the football league will fucking eat Mitrovic alive, for example.

I do wonder about Mitrovic in the championship.  it's not like they have smaller defenders in the lower leagues, you'll need more than just strength to succeed in that division.

I think if you look at the teams we put out in promotion season - especially the first half of it -you'll agree that we basically had a team (with exceptions) of grafters with hints of quality. In attack, especially, you won't get anywhere unless the quality is compounded with experience and a pair of bollocks. It's not like the Premier League. Defenders in the football league will fucking eat Mitrovic alive, for example.

yep totally agree the people who say Mitrovic will be a beast in the championship need to give their head a shake. The clogger centre half will eat him up for breakfast

look at the championships top strikers recently

Deeney, ings,Vokes,Rhodes,Austin,Vardy, Wilson,Oghalo, Gray all of these absolutely streets ahead of mitrovic

he will struggle like fuck in the division imo need to get rid of him asap

I think if you look at the teams we put out in promotion season - especially the first half of it -you'll agree that we basically had a team (with exceptions) of grafters with hints of quality. In attack, especially, you won't get anywhere unless the quality is compounded with experience and a pair of bollocks. It's not like the Premier League. Defenders in the football league will f***ing eat Mitrovic alive, for example.

yep totally agree the people who say Mitrovic will be a beast in the championship need to give their head a shake. The clogger centre half will eat him up for breakfast

Deeney, ings,Vokes,Rhodes,Austin,Vardy, Wilson,Oghalo, Gray all of these absolutely streets ahead of mitrovic

he will struggle like f*** in the division imo need to get rid of him asap

I don't agree at all, I think hed be quality.

I think if you look at the teams we put out in promotion season - especially the first half of it -you'll agree that we basically had a team (with exceptions) of grafters with hints of quality. In attack, especially, you won't get anywhere unless the quality is compounded with experience and a pair of bollocks. It's not like the Premier League. Defenders in the football league will f***ing eat Mitrovic alive, for example.

what brings you to this conclusion? How promising he has been this season or his skilful attributes

the guy has fuck all to be positive about him. not many would be confident in him getting 20 plus goals as thats what he will need to get in the championship for us to stand a chance

what brings you to this conclusion? How promising he has been this season or his skilful attributes

the guy has f*** all to be positive about him. not many would be confident in him getting 20 plus goals as thats what he will need to get in the championship for us to stand a chance

He's had plenty of good games this season and has proved a handful. He'll hopefully be playing under a better manager, better team and against weaker opposition. Can easily see him getting 15+ next year.

How many goals have Vokes, Gray, Wilson and Rhodes scored in the Premier League like?

Mitro, for all his faults, has got 8 in a shite team and hasn't started every game this season, being benched for McClaren's first couple of games and obviously for much of Rafa's recent spell. He's also only 21.

The defenders in the Championship might be "bigger and stronger" but they are also shitter than the defenders in the Premier League, which is why they play in a lower league.

Mitro barely played consecutive games all season, he was in and out of the team constantly and still managed to end up with 8 goals. Also playing for one of the worst teams in the division. Yes he missed chances but Vardy, Kane and Aguero all missed chances this season. His conversion rate is actually quite good.

If he is our main striker next season and we're at the top of the Championship, he'll be one of (if not the) top goal scorer in the Championship next season.

The hatred towards Mitro is a bit too much like. Guy scored 8 goals despite not starting evey game in a new league and in a s**** team. He'll score three times that if he's here and we have a decent manager next season.

So if Mitrovic is our main striker and we're top of the league you predict he'll be one of the top scorers? :lol:

"At the top" is what I said meaning anywhere from 1st - 6th imo he'll be top scorer, or very close.

Don't see what is daft by that statement. Everyone who is claiming that he is shit seem to think he's incapable of scoring, so if he was our main striker and we were at the top he'd still be shit and not scoring, no?

People have written this bloke off for no reason at all and a lot of people on here love to be dramatic and see everything and everyone negatively. He's a much better player than people give him credit for.