Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Great news! Hopefully the fans in the Gallowgate  (and elsewhere) will really get behind this and plenty people will donate to get it up and running. About time we had a bit of noise and colour inside SJP on a regular basis.

Right chaps, one of our group had a meeting today with the fans liason and health and safety officers and I'm delighted, nay buzzing, to report that the club are 100% behind us! They have no restrictions on the size of poles and sticks, so large 'Kop style' flags are absolutely fine. They are really keen to get a better atmosphere and hope that displays etc would help get fans into the ground earlier to improve the atmosphere. They will provide storage free and are basically going to help in any way they can, they also want us to choose the prematch soundtracks to get the ground rocking! Again we must point out that any pyros (flares, smokebombs etc) are completely a non starter. They also pointed out that they (and we) would like all flags and banners to be pro NUFC and pride in our city, region and not targeted at opposition teams and fans.

Please note our last donations page was Just Giving but as we weren't a charity we weren't allowed to use it, therefore we are now using this site www.gofundme.com/gallowgateflags - any donations would be greatly appreciated, along with following/sharing our twitter page at @gallowgateflags.

Many thanks.

Well done to all involved  :thup:

Even better scam than the AshleyOuters, fair play.

In what sense was Ashley out a scam? Or this new groups idea?

Flippant remark is flippant.

A lot of our wonderous fans got straight on the back of SP/AO because it asked for cash. To the point that both groups made their cash flow as open and transparent as possible. I was merely joking in line with said comments.

A lot of our wonderous fans got straight on the back of SP/AO because it asked for cash. To the point that both groups made their cash flow as open and transparent as possible. I was merely joking in line with said comments.

Rather ironically, one of the most vocal critics of SP/AO (

) is behind/at least involved in this.

Rather ironically, one of the most vocal critics of SP/AO (

) is behind/at least involved in this.

Blatant hypocrisy appears to be flavour of the month these days.

Can I suggest no pre-match music at all or at least 45mins prior to KO onwards and just let the atmosphere build up naturally.

That might have worked pre all seater stadiums when people would get there early to claim their spot but not nowadays. Maybe 5 minutes before kick off when the ground is 75% full they could cut the music and let the fans take over but any earlier than that is pointless.

Can I suggest no pre-match music at all or at least 45mins prior to KO onwards and just let the atmosphere build up naturally.

That might have worked pre all seater stadiums when people would get there early to claim their spot but not nowadays. Maybe 5 minutes before kick off when the ground is 75% full they could cut the music and let the fans take over but any earlier than that is pointless.

I'd personally lock the gates 30mins prior to KO :lol:

Right chaps, one of our group had a meeting today with the fans liason and health and safety officers and I'm delighted, nay buzzing, to report that the club are 100% behind us! They have no restrictions on the size of poles and sticks, so large 'Kop style' flags are absolutely fine. They are really keen to get a better atmosphere and hope that displays etc would help get fans into the ground earlier to improve the atmosphere. They will provide storage free and are basically going to help in any way they can, they also want us to choose the prematch soundtracks to get the ground rocking! Again we must point out that any pyros (flares, smokebombs etc) are completely a non starter. They also pointed out that they (and we) would like all flags and banners to be pro NUFC and pride in our city, region and not targeted at opposition teams and fans.

Please note our last donations page was Just Giving but as we weren't a charity we weren't allowed to use it, therefore we are now using this site www.gofundme.com/gallowgateflags - any donations would be greatly appreciated, along with following/sharing our twitter page at @gallowgateflags.

Many thanks.

Since they were asking about pre-game music, any chance of Carina Burana returning as the music for when the players were in the tunnel and local hero for when they came out of the tunnel?

Blaydon races just doesn't feel the same.

Many thanks.

Since they were asking about pre-game music, any chance of Carina Burana returning as the music for when the players were in the tunnel and local hero for when they came out of the tunnel?

Blaydon races just doesn't feel the same.

Should get Alan Robson and Barry in the box back as well.

Guest chopey

I was at a match years ago it must have been a testimonial or something, and the players came out to the blaydon races played on the Northumberland pipes it sounded amazing