Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Not sure why people get so het up about NUST, i'm not a member of them and I have made no contribution to the cause at the moment.  But i coming round to the idea. 

There is not going to be a super rich person buying the club like Man city.

It might have to be the fans.

At least some peopel are dping summik instead of sitting on the side lines twisting on about it.

Don't see anyone twisting tbh. If you don't like anyone asking questions I would suggest you're the one getting het up for no reason.

Not sure why people get so het up about NUST, i'm not a member of them and I have made no contribution to the cause at the moment.  But i coming round to the idea. 

At least some peopel are dping summik instead of sitting on the side lines twisting on about it.

Don't see anyone twisting tbh. If you don't like anyone asking questions I would suggest you're the one getting het up for no reason.

I'm not het,

If you have questions there is no point doing it on a forum, why dont the ones asking questions go to the NUST meetings and ask the questions directly.

I've seen the NUST get some bashing on this forum before.

I admit that some of the things they hve done in the past have mde me face/palm a couple of times.

Guest Roger Kint

how did they get my email address?

Have you filled in anything on their website?

Nope and I doubt they had 40k email addresses entered on their site

Somehow have mine too :undecided:

Moat is not part. I can safely say this could actually work.

Incidentally why isn't Moat part of it? Has he been approached? Has Shepherd? I would have thought fans with that sort of financial muscle would be ideal investors.

It's been mentioned before that Moat has been approached.

Has it been mentioned whether he's backing the NUST bid?

Moat is not part. I can safely say this could actually work.

Incidentally why isn't Moat part of it? Has he been approached? Has Shepherd? I would have thought fans with that sort of financial muscle would be ideal investors.

I think I read somewhere he has been approached but didn't respond/wasn't interested.

Well, I wish the NUST good luck but if fans with the clout of Moat or Sehpherd can't be persuaded to back the cause the whole premise of wanting a club owned by fans looks like wishful thinking which is unlikely to stand up in the face of cold hard financial reality.

Having read the details on the website, there's a very good reason why Moat/Shepherd won't be involved - its one member one vote - so if you put in £20m you have the same influence over the club as someone who puts in £1,500. This might end up being stumbling block to those with serious money to put in, or on the other hand it might end up being an example of perfect democracy, who knows. :undecided:

Yeah I agree but by the sounds of things they already have a fair few big players involved. I like how anyone can be involved and their money gets put into a pool so that NUST can buy that group of people a vote. Also like how you can buy a vote as a group of people you already know. It looks canny. If it runs the same way as Barca where you vote in a new president of the group every 4 years and he has the final say I think this could really work. The club can already bring in cash of it's own and then with the extra backing from the group I think the club would have more than sufficient funds.

I'm sure i saw something last week where a group of friends/work colleagues can group together and buy a share,  say 10 people put in £250 each or 5 put in £500 etc.  That was something that interested me,  i can't afford the full amount but think with a few mates and brother, dad we can get a couple of grand between us.

Yeah that's what I'm saying you can do that which is great I think.

I think they'll have them from right at the very start where they asked if people were interested or wanted to hear more info. Theres a link to be removed isn't there ?

Guest Roger Kint

I think they'll have them from right at the very start where they asked if people were interested or wanted to hear more info. Theres a link to be removed isn't there ?

Only been on their site once and left without registering.

I dont really have any cash to invest atm however id be tempted to use a bit of my pension, after all im only 26 so have plenty time to get it back, anyone know more about this ? How it works eg ?

If your using your pension I'd wait for one of the Independent Financial Advisors that they mention and speak to one of them

Only been on their site once and left without registering.

No idea then. Don't think it's just the NUST think it's the other site as well. Forgotten it's name now.

I'm not het,

If you have questions there is no point doing it on a forum, why dont the ones asking questions go to the NUST meetings and ask the questions directly.

I admit that some of the things they hve done in the past have mde me face/palm a couple of times.

By all means ask the mod to close the thread and no need to ask any questions or discuss anything to do with this subject.

I'm not het,

By all means ask the mod to close the thread and no need to ask any questions or discuss anything to do with this subject.

Oh FFS Tron man, i was only passing comment, stop being a baby and get your toys back in the pram.

I do think NUST needs to put some sort of details on their site of the questions asked at the meetings and make them available (if they are there I've not seen them) just because many people can't get to the meetings or don't want to so other means must be made possible of they are wanting all Newcastle fans to put their money in.

I think it's a good idea and I hope it attracts enough interest to make a go of it. Unfortunately, I don't have the spare cash to become involved (my little girl comes first) - but I wish the NUST well. At least they are trying to do something, rather than give in to the apathy which affects many of our fan base.

I'm interested in all of this, personally. Looking forward to seeing what comes out over the coming weeks and I'm seriously considering investing.

Can they not take collections on match days , if they fail in their/our bid then the money collected on mtch days can go to a charity.

I'm not het,

Oh FFS Tron man, i was only passing comment, stop being a baby and get your toys back in the pram.

Classic. You moan about people asking questions then tell me to shut up when I agree to what you say :lol:

I'm not het,

Classic. You moan about people asking questions then tell me to shut up when I agree to what you say :lol:

Where in that line do I tell you to shut up tron?

I dont?  Classic, putting words into peoples mouths.  :lol:

Saying a thread should be locked in a childish huff.  :facepalm: