Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

There was a period of time after he signed where most fans would agree his main issue was a lack of courage, self-belief and confidence. He seemed overawed by the crowd sometimes.

Now however, he's one of our bravest players, willing to make runs, take players on, take shots from distance and whip in crosses. He's come a long way and I'm glad he's part of the squad this season. Well deserved.

Will be interesting to see how he does when fans return.

There was a period of time after he signed where most fans would agree his main issue was a lack of courage, self-belief and confidence. He seemed overawed by the crowd sometimes.

Now however, he's one of our bravest players, willing to make runs, take players on, take shots from distance and whip in crosses. He's come a long way and I'm glad he's part of the squad this season. Well deserved.

Will be interesting to see how he does when fans return.

It is interesting, epitome of a confidence player like, but there's an air of self-belief about him this season that I like a lot.

He tries his best but I dont think he has the brain at time ..Granted he scored a nice freekick against Wolves and had a great assist against West Brom but he either overruns the ball or holds onto it too much and concedes possession

As i said he does give his all but I think Rafa knew his limitations

Thought he provided a bit of spark and drive when he came on? Team full of safe and sideways merchants, or players that just want to pump it long. He’s a bit different, at least. Although he did fuck up trying to force it at times.

Thought he provided a bit of spark and drive when he came on? Team full of safe and sideways merchants, or players that just want to pump it long. He’s a bit different, at least. Although he did fuck up trying to force it at times.

Ruined every attack he got involved in :lol:

Thought he provided a bit of spark and drive when he came on? Team full of safe and sideways merchants, or players that just want to pump it long. He’s a bit different, at least. Although he did f*** up trying to force it at times.

Same. Offers something positive until we get ASM back in the side.

Thought he provided a bit of spark and drive when he came on? Team full of safe and sideways merchants, or players that just want to pump it long. He’s a bit different, at least. Although he did f*** up trying to force it at times.

Same. Offers something positive until we get ASM back in the side.

I doubt ASM is in a rush to get back to this shitshow :lol:

Same, he's still a bit rough around the edges, but he's generally been decent this season.

Nowhere near PL standard, don't even think he was the best Murphy in that Norwich side was he? And cost a fair sum from a pitiful budget that summer

What are scouts were thinking watching him play when Maddison was playing for Norwich at the time

Maddison cost double Murphy and was never going to end up with us.

Murphy needs to play in his team because he has mobility. At least tries to be positive, which you can’t say about many in the team. He will try to do something other than pass the ball backwards, often making good runs in behind that his teammates never see....

Nowhere near PL standard, don't even think he was the best Murphy in that Norwich side was he? And cost a fair sum from a pitiful budget that summer

What are scouts were thinking watching him play when Maddison was playing for Norwich at the time

Maddison cost double Murphy and was never going to end up with us.

Murphy needs to play in his team because he has mobility. At least tries to be positive, which you can’t say about many in the team. He will try to do something other than pass the ball backwards, often making good runs in behind that his teammates never see....

He's preferable to a moron like Hendrick playing wide. He isn't that good though, certainly nothing to worry about for PL defences on a regular basis - never has been, and likely never will. I bet there are dozens of Championship wingers that you could stick in the side that will try and be positive with the ball, doesn't mean they'll be any good at doing so. 

How well did he get on with his loan spells WBA, and Sheff Wed?

He got 9 goals for Sheffield Wednesday last season which is a decent return.

I’m just saying that he should be given a chance and a run in the team right now when we clearly lack anybody with some form of ability on the ball

Thats partly due to lack of options.  5 at the back then 2 midfielders sitting just in front of them.  Anyone who wants to play forward is going to struggle.  Id  give him a go until fraser or Billy heedband are back.  Almiron cannot play on the right

If you’re a left-back, there’s no doubt he’d be one of the easiest opponents you’ll face. All he’s got is knock it past on the outside, try and get round him and cross it and he’s average at that. He’s not tricky, only got one foot, doesn’t go inside or outside...so predictable. I like him but not a Premier League player.

• 4 weeks later...