Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

He was okay, which apparently is the new 'good'. I still think we're knackered if we're relying on the likes of him. His decision making is woeful and often just runs head first into the oppo like a weak battering ram. Manquillo will always take the safe option and generally not attempt the take on but recycle posession. We've got a choice of two 6 / 10's for the position of RWB tbh.

Well that's not really a surprise when we are buying low end of the market to a specific age related criteria. £10m really isn't going to get you much of a player if he's under 25. That's not getting fixed until Ashley is gone.

• 1 month later...

Just re-watched the highlights from yesterday and thought his assist for the goal was worth a bump. Two huge contributions from Murphy this season in the Premier League. There’s absolutely no excuse he shouldn’t be starting while Fraser and ASM are injured.

He always looked like he had something but his confidence looked shot to pieces before his loan. A few of the crosses he’s put in this season have been KDB, TAA standard. If we can get a few more of those for Wilson and he keeps improving he might actually cut it at Premier League level.

I'm convinced he'd be better at full back/wing back like.

I dont think he's got enough about him going forward to play as a modern inside forward like. Could have a lot more to offer as a wingback. Certainly more than Krafth and the now totally unfancied Manquillo.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a period of time after he signed where most fans would agree his main issue was a lack of courage, self-belief and confidence. He seemed overawed by the crowd sometimes.

Now however, he's one of our bravest players, willing to make runs, take players on, take shots from distance and whip in crosses. He's come a long way and I'm glad he's part of the squad this season. Well deserved.