Yoshinori Mutō (now playing for Vissel Kobe)

Rich

I think that would be good business by Rafa considering how much he's restricted.

Everyone knows that football is much more complicated that analysis of man versus man. I think Rafa has done well to maintain the quality of the squad and perhaps he's confident that they'll actually improve it. Considering he's better placed to judge, I think we can rest a little bit easier, surely? I mean if this was the business done by Pardew, we'd have a good reason to panic, yes! But no, they were picked by a much better manager than the likes of Pardew.

It has nothing to do with Rafa and to be honest has nothing to do with him keeping us up or doing well, it's about the absolute cunt of an owner we have hamstringing us.

I'm not panicking, I'm almost past caring about what happens as it inevitably looks like whether we stay up or not, Rafa is away at the end of the season and the best chance we've ever had since Bobby to "wake the sleeping giant", win a trophy, or do anything which makes us love and feel proud of our club is gone.

Yeah, of course we should have done better, no one is denying that. But this doesn't mean that we necessarily have gone backwards.

I'm too resigned to Rafa leaving, but this doesn't mean that I don't want things to carry on business as usual as much as possible. Though if we go down this season, and that Rafa was leaving anyway, it wouldn't be the worse news in the world!

Guest firetotheworks

He'll give his all we can be sure of that - rather this lad than Rondon.

*London, ye daft racist

He looked ok at the world cup, but that doesn't really mean a lot, it was only a couple of games. I'm just worried these low fee bargains are going to turn out to be low impact as well when it comes to moving into the Premier league.

I think that would be good business by Rafa considering how much he's restricted.

Everyone knows that football is much more complicated that analysis of man versus man. I think Rafa has done well to maintain the quality of the squad and perhaps he's confident that they'll actually improve it. Considering he's better placed to judge, I think we can rest a little bit easier, surely? I mean if this was the business done by Pardew, we'd have a good reason to panic, yes! But no, they were picked by a much better manager than the likes of Pardew.

It has nothing to do with Rafa and to be honest has nothing to do with him keeping us up or doing well, it's about the absolute cunt of an owner we have hamstringing us.

I'm not panicking, I'm almost past caring about what happens as it inevitably looks like whether we stay up or not, Rafa is away at the end of the season and the best chance we've ever had since Bobby to "wake the sleeping giant", win a trophy, or do anything which makes us love and feel proud of our club is gone.

Yeah, of course we should have done better, no one is denying that. But this doesn't mean that we necessarily have gone backwards.

I'm too resigned to Rafa leaving, but this doesn't mean that I don't want things to carry on business as usual as much as possible. Though if we go down this season, and that Rafa was leaving anyway, it wouldn't be the worse news in the world!

But why is not going backwards being seen as something we can be remotely happy with? We haven't went forward, Ashley has continued to pocket all the money from broadcasting, merchandise, gates etc. not to mention the advertising of his fucking tat everywhere.

If Rafa is leaving regardless, I couldn't give a fuck if we go down - it might actually be the straw that breaks the camels back both for him and the fans.

He looked ok at the world cup, but that doesn't really mean a lot, it was only a couple of games. I'm just worried these low fee bargains are going to turn out to be low impact as well when it comes to moving into the Premier league.

All 82 mins in a 1-0 defeat

All 82 mins in a 1-0 defeat

Well let's hope his Bundesliga pedigree was solid enough to tempt us to splash that big cash.

Looks like a Japanese Mikel Arteta n all.

He’ll likely be gash and horrifically lightweight but let’s crack open the happōshu‘s because we’re too tight to pay for real beer.

This guy, Schar and Rondon and it's not been all bad I guess.

How? Look at the way all the teams around us and the newly promoted teams are going about their business. We haven't actually improved on a single position from last season, even with these players incoming.

Rondon - Mitro : very little comparison between the 2, for the money and potential I'd rather Mitro

Muto - Gayle : a 1 in 3 striker in Germany, looks handy but ultimately doesn't score many... very Gayle-esque by the sounds of it.

Schar - Mbemba : complete sideways step

It's a complete fucking joke. We're pathetic.

Whilst I agree with your closing line and am disgusted with the transfer window, yet again.  Rafa won't/wouldn't play 2 of the 3 and Gayle is just nowhere near good enough to play as the lone forward.  So the only slight positive I can take, is at least Rafa is getting his players in, that might actually feature.  Albeit 6th/7th choice or worse on his list. 

Clutching at straws?  100% I am :lol: but I'm trying to find the small flakes of gold, buried amongst the copious amounts of dung.

Muto, he’s a striker

Yoshinori Muto

Muto, he’s a striker

Yoshinori Muto

(Leon Kompowsky’s - Happy Birthday Lisa)

Intro first verse redux:

Muto, he’s a striker

He comes from Toe-key-oh

He gave us the gift of lots of goals

Now here’s how his song goes...

Guest firetotheworks

Ridiculing the method, not the player. We go for poor quality players, there's no getting away from that. If they end up being decent it's through luck not design.