N-O Football Match - Red v Blue @ 10:30 on 18/05/19 @ Dunston Powerleague

Dr Venkman

Car park it is. You've got a base of fitness Dave, haven't you? That's all you'll need, can't see it being a technical spectacle!

I'm better than I was, still not exactly David Beckham levels of energy. More worried about the fact I've not played in years.

its over 10 years for me, probably 20 since i played on a full pitch,..dying is what bothers me.

:laugh:

I can see you and I running around trying too hard for a few minutes then collapsing behind one of the goals tbh.

As much as I anticipate a competitive game, I'm not sure if I'd be up for a ref blowing for a foul every 2 seconds  :rolleyes:

i intend to start with good humour, but if i am whacked, i will be returning it with interest.

we need a ref, tbh.

I don't know what kind of refs you've ever had for 'friendly' matches but the ones we get at Longbenton (next door) are some of the most relaxed and whistle-free refs I've ever known...just helps having an 'authority figure' to oversee the match (we'll all be too knackered to see what's going on properly) - plus, with tight or contentious decisions it helps put an end to any possible arguments (heat of battle and all that...).

For anyone turning up late, go through the reception and say you're playing on the astro-turf, they'll direct you down the corridor by the desk. Walk straight through it and out the other end (changing rooms & toilets on either side as you walk down), follow the path past the fence and the astro pitch is the furthest away [of the two, 3G is the nearest).

As we've booked the full pitch, it'll be pretty obvious who we are...!

Oh, and I'm still up for paying £5 each instead of £4 if someone will organise a ref and a couple of match-balls [they have electric pumps at reception]. Would offer to buy the balls but I'm at work all week.

Car park it is. You've got a base of fitness Dave, haven't you? That's all you'll need, can't see it being a technical spectacle!

I'm better than I was, still not exactly David Beckham levels of energy. More worried about the fact I've not played in years.

its over 10 years for me, probably 20 since i played on a full pitch,..dying is what bothers me.

:laugh:

I can see you and I running around trying too hard for a few minutes then collapsing behind one of the goals tbh.

Nicky Butt, Geremi  & Viduka prove stamina & running is not need to be a footballer. Stevie Taylor shows running around like a idiot can be dangerous.

You going to have to weigh up the options.

As much as I anticipate a competitive game, I'm not sure if I'd be up for a ref blowing for a foul every 2 seconds  :rolleyes:

i intend to start with good humour, but if i am whacked, i will be returning it with interest.

we need a ref, tbh.

I don't know what kind of refs you've ever had for 'friendly' matches but the ones we get at Longbenton (next door) are some of the most relaxed and whistle-free refs I've ever known...just helps having an 'authority figure' to oversee the match (we'll all be too knackered to see what's going on properly) - plus, with tight or contentious decisions it helps put an end to any possible arguments (heat of battle and all that...).

For anyone turning up late, go through the reception and say you're playing on the astro-turf, they'll direct you down the corridor by the desk. Walk straight through it and out the other end (changing rooms & toilets on either side as you walk down), follow the path past the fence and the astro pitch is the furthest away [of the two, 3G is the nearest).

As we've booked the full pitch, it'll be pretty obvious who we are...!

In which case I'm ok with that  :thup:

Quick question in regards to the pitch is it a blades affair or are metal studs allowed?

Neither, it's astroturn not 3G.

i have only 1 pair of old puma trainers with hardly no grip, so if it rains im totally buggered.

Wish i could make it along to watch sounds like it will be good too watch but hope to make it too the next one ,i am 45 now and havent played a competitive game for 15 years so will have to get on the Wii fit and bike to keep up with you young wippersnappers but experience will shine through or embaressment  >:D

Guest Heneage

Quick question in regards to the pitch is it a blades affair or are metal studs allowed?

Neither, it's astroturn not 3G.

i have only 1 pair of old puma trainers with hardly no grip, so if it rains im totally buggered.

Yeah I'm slightly confused I thought Coach Lane only had grass pitches?

Guest Heneage

Right I can clarify, if its 3G you can use Blades, I do all time at SoccArena roound my way but you can't use Studs. If its Astro its trainers obv, Im just going to bring both.

Right I can clarify, if its 3G you can use Blades, I do all time at SoccArena roound my way but you can't use Studs. If its Astro its trainers obv, Im just going to bring both.

nixon, your not clarifying, yoyur confusing people, Its astro turf, stop telling people what they can wear on 3g, grass, dance floors or wherever the fuck elsewhere.