robbo_11

Lien

Pilko

Stupeedo

Stephen927

Dr Venkman

Marky555

Nufc Kev

By my count thats 20, so i'm gonna go ahead and book it today, looks like the general consensus is 5 so i'll go for that, seems better to finish a bit earlier for those travelling quite a way home.

of the teams listed we're missing WarrenBarton, GeordieCunny, Cp40, LucaAltieri and Jawesome

Someone needs to come up with a definite plan with meet times and that. Then even if it's on the 18th (hopefully not ;)) those plans are set.

Would suggest booking 6pm-8pm if possible.

Sunday 11th January

6pm Meet @ Coach Lane [pay Dr Venkman £5 as you pass through the gate onto the pitch]

[warm up, team organising, waiting for late-comers, etc]

6.15pm KO First Half

7.00pm HT

7.05pm KO Second Half

7.50pm FT & Penalty Shoot-out

8pm + Head to Ship Inn/Benton Ale House (?) for post-match pints and banter [these are both next to Four Lane Ends metro & <10mins walk from Coach Lane Sports Facility]

Have we managed to find a ref?

Send a PM to PM O0

He doesn't want to do it.

Shame as he would of added a touch of class to the game. Also when he refs the cup final in 2018 all you chaps who are playing could of hung your hat on "He ref'ed me in a game once"

right, just got off the phone with the centre manager and he told me they have regular bookings on sundays from 1pm till they close, he mentioned we might be able to get a saturday from 5 but thats a whole different kettle of fish i suppose, could maybe try for somewhere else on the 11th? anyway i've gotta go to town so i'll let you lot rattle on about it a bit

right, just got off the phone with the centre manager and he told me they have regular bookings on sundays from 1pm till they close, he mentioned we might be able to get a saturday from 5 but thats a whole different kettle of fish i suppose, could maybe try for somewhere else on the 11th? anyway i've gotta go to town so i'll let you lot rattle on about it a bit

Did you ask for the full 3G pitch? The bloke told me the 3G was free on both dates, remember we want the 3G not the normal astroturf.

Did you ask for the full 3G pitch? The bloke told me the 3G was free on both dates, remember we want the 3G not the normal astroturf.

yeah i specified 11 a side 3G

yeah i specified 11 a side 3G

Strange, bloke said both days were free to me. Wanker.

What the other options for venues then?

Considering it's less than a month away we need something sorted ASAP.

Whats wrong with grass and a public playing field, I can borrow some nets.

Edit:

BTW I don't just mean a random piece of grass there are plenty of free football pitches.

might be a good shout that actually

They don;'t rent out grass pitches on a one off basis however Benfield Centre for Sporting Excellence do and its 50 quid per 90 mins with a ref according to the woman and available on the 11th all day.

Do it imo!

at least someone with mobile access...!

As for another pitch...sounds as though the manager of Coach Lane spoke to Venkman...probably one of the other staff who told him it was free (the regular bookings roll over each month IIRC).

There's an astroturf at Coach Lane, failing that Heaton Manor (?) school have floodlight facilities (opposite The Cornerhouse too) or I think there's also a 3G at Westgate Road...but don't quote me. As far as I know Newcastle Uni's 3G pitch isn't available to book but I'll drop an e-mail to the facilities manager (it's right next to Coach Lane 3g)