Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

I don't care if the rest of the country doesn't notice, it's about getting Mike Ashley to notice.

He never does so why go round in f***ing circles discussing it man :lol:

Cos it has hardly happened yet, when the defeats keep coming, people will drift away and he will notice.

He's a greedy c***, he wants as much money as he can get, people might say ticket sales are a drop in the ocean to him, maybe so, it's still money he is missing out on.

Greed knows no bounds.

I can't remember the exact number, but I think I read somewhere that matchday income was 10-15% of the clubs revenue. Any business that suddenly loses 10-15% of their revenue without cutting costs will feel it. It might not impact the club at first, but 1-2 years down the line it won't be sustainable and would most likely result in relegation (we got Bruce now though so this part will most likely to fix itself).

After relegation the match day income becomes even more important due to loss of tv income and this is where it will become painful for Ashley to run the club if people stop attending, if not impossible. Either he will have to cut costs down to the bone, write off a big loss and start running us as a league 1/low championship club, or he cuts his losses and sells while he can still get something back from his investment. The club isn't worth anything to him/SD unless it is in the PL.

The only thing we would have to worry about in that scenario would be that he sells to some chancers that would agree to keep any company associated with Ashley on existing deals (advertisement, club shop, catering etc) for a long period or indefinitely. It's a risk worth taking though.

I can't remember the exact number, but I think I read somewhere that matchday income was 10-15% of the clubs revenue. Any business that suddenly loses 10-15% of their revenue without cutting costs will feel it. It might not impact the club at first, but 1-2 years down the line it won't be sustainable and would most likely result in relegation (we got Bruce now though so this part will most likely to fix itself).

After relegation the match day income becomes even more important due to loss of tv income and this is where it will become painful for Ashley to run the club if people stop attending, if not impossible. Either he will have to cut costs down to the bone, write off a big loss and start running us as a league 1/low championship club, or he cuts his losses and sells while he can still get something back from his investment. The club isn't worth anything to him/SD unless it is in the PL.

The only thing we would have to worry about in that scenario would be that he sells to some chancers that would agree to keep any company associated with Ashley on existing deals (advertisement, club shop, catering etc) for a long period or indefinitely. It's a risk worth taking though.

So much sense in this post.

+1

EDIT - JUST REALISED THAT WE ARENT PLAYING WATFORD THIS WEEKEND SO THIS POST ISNT ENTIRELY ACCURATE. LEAVING IT UP AS AN UPDATE AND I WILL POST AGAIN NEXT WEEK WITH CORRECT PREDICTIONS

Sales for Watford look interesting.

The away section (plus segregation) currently has 4074 tickets showing as sold/unavailable but we know nowhere near that will attend

If you take the away fans, press, corporate boxes, directors area, sensory room (6,880) from the stadium capacity (52,156) you are left with 45,276 tickets

As of last night (Sunday 18th 11pm)

- 9843 tickets are currently available

- 13264 were available when the tickets went on sale

- Under 800 tickets have been sold in the 7 days since the Arsenal game

For reference, in the run up to the Arsenal game 500 tickets were sold everyday so even with this unlikely rate of sales 7000 tickets will be unsold

So based on

7000+ available seats    PLUS    Unsold away section    PLUS    Season ticket holders staying away

We are looking at an official attendance of around 43k and a true attendance probably nearer 40k

And its just the 2nd game of a potentially car crash season...

EDIT - Just realised we dont play Watford this weekend so my post isnt entirely accurate, however I expect the final numbers to be similar to my predictions. Im leaving the post up for now but will update again this time next week

Apologies, been really busy

The stats for tomorrow (As of 2pm today) are

- 8473 tickets are currently available, 7824 of them are in general fan areas (ie not away fans, press, corporate boxes, directors area, sensory room)

- 13264 were available when the tickets went on sale

- 4791 tickets have been sold since they went on sale

- 2215 tickets have been sold since the Arsenal game,

- The away sections (4074) are still showing as sold out

So based on

8000+ available seats    PLUS    Unsold away section    PLUS    Season ticket holders staying away

We are looking at an official attendance of around 44k and a true attendance probably nearer 40k

Last years attendance was 49,157 despite having just 3 points from 10 games

See I was there today, and there was definitely only about 40k there (official attendance was 44k). Huge sections dotted around everywhere with empty seats.

Shame you couldn't muster the courage to make a stand for the club you claim to support. I hope it comes in the future.

Attendance = Acceptance

See I was there today, and there was definitely only about 40k there (official attendance was 44k). Huge sections dotted around everywhere with empty seats.

Shame you couldn't muster the courage to make a stand for the club you claim to support. I hope it comes in the future.

Attendance = Acceptance

For your information, not that it’s any of your business, I was there in a corporate box with work entertaining clients.

In future, keep your fucking nose out of other people’s business and decisions. Ta. 👍

Attendance = Acceptance

For your information, not that it’s any of your business, I was there in a corporate box with work entertaining clients.

In future, keep your f***ing nose out of other people’s business and decisions. Ta. 👍

Fair response, but in general i stand by my point.

It's "embarrassing" according to this dullard.

Best part is reading his replies, he doesn't even go to the games himself because he "can't afford it" but calls out people for not spending hundreds on season tickets.

Also thinks he can call himself a journalist because he just got a degree in journalism and writes for a blog.

What a weapon.

Attendance = Acceptance

In future, keep your f***ing nose out of other people’s business and decisions. Ta. 👍

Arguably even worse.