Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

I don’t get people saying the boycott failed. What would’ve been a success, Mike Ashley selling up on Monday morning? People stayed away, the exercised their dignity in refusing to be taken for a ride. They made a statement, they might have started something that will grow.

Whether tens of thousands join is not the only way to judge it. The people who stayed away did the right thing, that’s first and foremost.

Guest covmag

There were quite a few single seats dotted about, unless you are looking out for them it can look totally full, add all of those single seats up, with the empty areas at the back of gallowgate etc, i don't see why 42k seems unreasonable.

Because it didn’t look a fifth down, and in anyway 42,000 turned up at a boycott, a waste of fucking time man. :lol:

It did like. Lots of areas with huge swaithes of empty seats. Back of the Gallowgate, Upper Leazes,  all over Level 7, Platinum club all well under 80% occupied and loads of 2s, 3s and 4s empty dotted around the rest of the ground, even in the central seats in the East Stand. I think low 40k or in other words 80% full looked about right. Certainly no more than that. Much less people inside than at any game last season and we dipped to 48k v Burnley as a comparison.

Also the stadium plan can be rather misleading. They had sections W and X in the Leazes L4 as being sold out but they turned out to be less than half full.

Mate I couldn’t give a fuck, either way you look at it, the whole thing was a failure.

There were quite a few single seats dotted about, unless you are looking out for them it can look totally full, add all of those single seats up, with the empty areas at the back of gallowgate etc, i don't see why 42k seems unreasonable.

Because it didn’t look a fifth down, and in anyway 42,000 turned up at a boycott, a waste of fucking time man. :lol:

It did like. Lots of areas with huge swaithes of empty seats. Back of the Gallowgate, Upper Leazes,  all over Level 7, Platinum club all well under 80% occupied and loads of 2s, 3s and 4s empty dotted around the rest of the ground, even in the central seats in the East Stand. I think low 40k or in other words 80% full looked about right. Certainly no more than that. Much less people inside than at any game last season and we dipped to 48k v Burnley as a comparison.

Also the stadium plan can be rather misleading. They had sections W and X in the Leazes L4 as being sold out but they turned out to be less than half full.

Mate I couldn’t give a fuck, either way you look at it, the whole thing was a failure.

I completely disagree. If Rafa had stayed this match would have sold out weeks before even with no away fans and there was large gaps present especially in level 7 and the back blocks of the Gallowgate. When I had a look on the saturday Block V alone had 302 seats available, add in the fact the club were on a massive PR campaign,handing out free tickets and hyping up the new signings I would say at a minimum 10,000 boycotted. If we take it as read that over 10,000 ST holders cancelled (my family included), are we really to believe if they hadn't that over 57,000 newcastle fans would have wanted to attend ? I think not. 

I don’t get people saying the boycott failed. What would’ve been a success, Mike Ashley selling up on Monday morning? People stayed away, the exercised their dignity in refusing to be taken for a ride. They made a statement, they might have started something that will grow.

Whether tens of thousands join is not the only way to judge it. The people who stayed away did the right thing, that’s first and foremost.

This and numbers will fall further if results carry on

plus some that did boycott ( Newcastle fans tv for example) saying well won’t be doing that again not good enough blaming the people that tried to organaise the whole thing divnt fucking blame them, rip into ur fellow fan who didn’t participate because everyone in that stadium knew what was planned.

Disagree with this like. Aye people who stayed away 100% did the right thing, no denying it but the amount of people who done it is the only way to judge it.

I think it failed.  For me a successful boycott would have left no debate about the attendance etc, clearly visible masses of empty seats that get a lot of attention in the media.

But nah, a few largely unseen empty seats, questionable photos of empty seats in the east stand with the time cut off clearly when people are heading to the concourse can't be classed as successful imo.

Hopefully it does grow, but can't see it considering arsenal was well publicised and the place was still full.

At one point during a break in play the Sky cameras panned around at the huge swaithes of empty seats and mentioned a lot of people hadn't turned up so, yes, it could have been better but it wasn't the total disaster you say it was in my opinion.

Anyway Bruce's football and the defeats mounting up will see another 10/15k walk away by Christmas.

Disagree with this like. Aye people who stayed away 100% did the right thing, no denying it but the amount of people who done it is the only way to judge it.

I think it failed.  For me a successful boycott would have left no debate about the attendance etc, clearly visible masses of empty seats that get a lot of attention in the media.

But nah, a few largely unseen empty seats, questionable photos of empty seats in the east stand with the time cut off clearly when people are heading to the concourse can't be classed as successful imo.

Hopefully it does grow, but can't see it considering arsenal was well publicised and the place was still full.

Ummm, 10k short is not full.

So it looks like they arent open the following areas:

- All of Level 7

- Leazes Milburn Corner

- Gallowgate Milburn Corner

- Back of Gallowgate (ThanksToonArmy1892)

(Not sure where away fans are going)

Fans can buy tickets in 89 of the 268 blocks with a total capacity of 26697, just 4841 tickets have been sold in those blocks (as of 10pm last night)

Tickets are now on general sale which means ST holders have had the opportunity and now missed their chance to guarantee their seats

- All of Level 7

- Leazes Milburn Corner

Fans can buy tickets in 89 of the 268 blocks with a total capacity of 26697, just 4841 tickets have been sold in those blocks (as of 10pm last night)

Tickets are now on general sale which means ST holders have had the opportunity and now missed their chance to guarantee their seats

Back of gallowgate is closed aswell.

- All of Level 7

- Leazes Milburn Corner

From Steve Storey, Head of Safety: "Level 7 will be closed to NUFC fans, but we will house the away fans (number NYK) in the usual location."

Ummm, 10k short is not full.

Ummm, as far as I can see 10k short is made up.

Guest covmag

Hardly any sold, and only half the ground is open :lol:

Still be over 10k , I reckon 16k tops .

Again it will mean nothing, folk from around the country won’t bat an eye lid, only a PL game with 10k would make headline news, nothing else. :whatdidido:

Guest covmag

I don't care if the rest of the country doesn't notice, it's about getting Mike Ashley to notice.

He never does so why go round in fucking circles discussing it man :lol: