Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Not to be all Daily Mail about it, but it really is disgraceful that they're getting a combined 17 years or so for selling illegal football streams, when you consider the paltry sentences you see banded about for things like drunk drive sentences where someone's died as a result.

Completely agree with you but I suspect the high sentence is due to the fact that they are a small group of inidividuals versus a rich global corporation in todays definitely no so skewed society.

Your honour, under the rules of capitalism we have gained a near monopoly on incoming revenues from broadcasting football matches. These (enterprising) little scrotes, sorry your honour, three individuals, have managed to tap into the market and gain less than 1% of our yearly revenue/profit stream. Monies which I am sure your honour will agree rightly belonged to us.

The judge criticising the pubs as profoundly dishonest probably doesn't have a clue how much they are charged for licences. That IS piracy, the prices they charge.

Why don't Sky explain that unless you are wealthy enough to afford to watch football you'll just have to go without. Poor people are simply denied access to what used to be the working mans sport.

And they have the nerve to call it piracy. Whole thing is a joke. The entire system of courts and fines is taken from Maritime Law from centuries ago and is just a way of the accepted big fish chewing up any small fish that try to grow.

Broadcast all the matches of every team and set a subscription. They'd make more money and the crowds at games will not diminish by more than 5% is my guess.

Guest firetotheworks

Not to be all Daily Mail about it, but it really is disgraceful that they're getting a combined 17 years or so for selling illegal football streams, when you consider the paltry sentences you see banded about for things like drunk drive sentences where someone's died as a result.

Completely agree with you but I suspect the high sentence is due to the fact that they are a small group of inidividuals versus a rich global corporation in todays definitely no so skewed society.

:lol: :thup:

You know what, it would be so easy for Sky and the Premier League to all away games to be broadcast in the local area to the away teams. Make it so only pubs can show the games, then away fans have to go there to see it. You’ll soon see internet streams disappear, pubs will get the fans in and sell pints, thus saving them, and at the end of the day they will make more money from selling steaming services to many pubs for a small fee then they will to only some pubs for a large fee.

He’s just moving himself out of the firing line as the FAI are supposed to go before a government committee on their recent financial dealings. Taking up a new role within the organization before he fucks off to UEFA.

He’s just moving himself out of the firing line as the FAI are supposed to go before a government committee on their recent financial dealings. Taking up a new role within the organization before he f***s off to UEFA.

I saw that, I wonder what powers the new FAI CEO will have now. We need more stories to force him out completely.

Made up a new position for him so hes basically still in charge and whoever takes over his old job will be nothing but a puppet. Just trying to dodge questions on why the fuck he gave the fai a 100k loan since his first effort to silence it in court failed. Basically fuck the FAI