The Top10ometer™ (2022/23)

Kaizero

The Top10ometer™ (+ Top10ometer™ for Dummies)  

147 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top 10? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2. 2. Will we finish top 10?

Beat West Ham, and we'll only be 2 points from 10th :lol:

The two dropped at Wolves.

Forget any ref injustice/softness/bad luck etc, just on the timing of events in games we really should have seen out +1 point vs Wolves at home, +2 vs Wolves away , +2 vs Cardiff away. I can't think of any games where we have gained points in injury time to counter these

Stick 5 points on and take 3 off Wolves and we re joint 10th and only one point off 8th. Small margins which whilst we haven't taken them, ultimately just further cement how bloody good Rafa is at this shit

Beat West Ham, and we'll only be 2 points from 10th :lol:

The two dropped at Wolves.

Forget any ref injustice/softness/bad luck etc, just on the timing of events in games we really should have seen out +1 point vs Wolves at home, +2 vs Wolves away , +2 vs Cardiff away. I can't think of any games where we have gained points in injury time to counter these

Stick 5 points on and take 3 off Wolves and we re joint 10th and only one point off 8th. Small margins which whilst we haven't taken them, ultimately just further cement how bloody good Rafa is at this shit

And should have taken at least a point at Old Trafford.

Rafa is about £50m + whatever is generated from sales this summer from making us a comfortable top 10 side. It sickens me how little that is given the TV money we get and yet it's beyond Ashley to give it out. What's even more annoying is if Rafa goes and we get someone else who is nowhere near as good as him, Ashley will back him in the market because he'll know he needs it to stay in the division whereas Rafa doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be something to do that again.

Saw a list on Chronicle about what clubs are spending in wages.  According to that list, Newcastle was ranked 17th in the Premier league.

So we are punching above our weight in terms of wage/league position ration.

Add to that the Deloitte money league where Newcastle are ranked 19th in the world and 8th in the Premier league which shows that we should have plenty of room to invest.

Hopefully the swiss-ramble blog will do an analysis of our accounts once they are release.  Last years accounts were a bit sketchy including some accounting tricks.

Just looking at the beginning of the season again - if we just were a little more lucky and a tad bit more experienced we should have had at least 5-10 points in the bag before Watford on 11/3. 5 pts would be 39 of 10th place (level on points with West Ham in 9th) and 10 pts would be 8th (level on points with Wolves in 7th).

I was looking at results from Cardiff (A), Chelsea (H), Man United (A), Brighton (H)

Just looking at the beginning of the season again - if we just were a little more lucky and a tad bit more experienced we should have had at least 5-10 points in the bag before Watford on 11/3. 5 pts would be 39 of 10th place (level on points with West Ham in 9th) and 10 pts would be 8th (level on points with Wolves in 7th).

I was looking at results from Cardiff (A), Chelsea (H), Man United (A), Brighton (H)

I said this a few weeks back in another thread, but based purely on the timing of events we should have picked up another 2 points at Cardiff, 1 at home to Wolves and 2 away at Wolves. You can add another point at Old Trafford onto this as well that I forgot about.

Nothing to do with refs, nothing with decisions just purely the timing of goals/misses that we should have seen through.

• 1 year later...