Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Closer and closer it gets

Closer to what?

I’m not going to be tedious and claim to be ‘in the know’, but I’m relatively confident this takeover will happen.

Maybe not this week as others have suggested, but certainly within the next two.

So where's the confidence coming from then?

Positive noise, really.

I may be proven completely wrong, but I’m more confident now then I have been through the whole takeover period. Happy to hold my hands up and say my ‘confidence’ is s*** in a couple of weeks if it’s proven to be, but hopefully I’ll be right.

Mike still seems on side so that’s not to be underestimated at this point.

Neither is his ability to fuck things [football related] up.

Closer to what?

I’m not going to be tedious and claim to be ‘in the know’, but I’m relatively confident this takeover will happen.

Maybe not this week as others have suggested, but certainly within the next two.

Positive noise, really.

I may be proven completely wrong, but I’m more confident now then I have been through the whole takeover period. Happy to hold my hands up and say my ‘confidence’ is s*** in a couple of weeks if it’s proven to be, but hopefully I’ll be right.

Mike still seems on side so that’s not to be underestimated at this point.

Neither is his ability to f*** things [football related] up.

True but think if this was over the toys would have been out the pram by now, and everyone would be getting both barrels.

Pure speculation, but maybe Ashley is willing to reduce his asking price to get a deal through?

Hard to argue that, with COVID, the club is now worth materially less than it was 5 months ago.

He could offer it for 50p but doesn’t mean the PL will accept it.

Pure speculation, but maybe Ashley is willing to reduce his asking price to get a deal through?

Hard to argue that, with COVID, the club is now worth materially less than it was 5 months ago.

Hes not desperate for the money

If you believe the reports the Ashley is stubborn, obnoxious, determined and ruthless where it comes down to business and money. He's an utter cunt to deal with and will do literally anything to get what he wants, a genuinely selfish prick who doesn't give a fuck who he annoys or upsets and is a nightmare to deal with. Now normally having someone like that working against you is a massive hindrance, this time it could just be the case that, if recent reports are true, this utter wanker is actually working in our favour this time. If he's desperate for his remaining £283m then he'll not let this drop and he'll not pull any of his punches.

It's like buying the local psychopath a couple of pints a week or so ago then asking him to have a word with the cunt who keeps staring at you and your lass.

Closer to what?

Positive noise, really.

I may be proven completely wrong, but I’m more confident now then I have been through the whole takeover period. Happy to hold my hands up and say my ‘confidence’ is shit in a couple of weeks if it’s proven to be, but hopefully I’ll be right.

Ask manorpark[/member] where the positive thoughts get you.

Guest neesy111

Are you saying that nufc is a liability for him now?

I reckon he might be for cash flow, all his money is in his businesses. When i say cash flow i mean in the hundreds of millions, maybe that's what he needs. and knowing the money he used to get from us is reduced to an unknown length of time....well you see where I'm going with this.

Clutching at straws like.

I reckon he might be for cash flow, all his money is in his businesses. When i say cash flow i mean in the hundreds of millions, maybe that's what he needs. and knowing the money he used to get from us is reduced to an unknown length of time....well you see where I'm going with this.

Difficult to tell but I think he just wants fucking rid of it, it's a chunk of money mind too.

Closer to what?

Positive noise, really.

I may be proven completely wrong, but I’m more confident now then I have been through the whole takeover period. Happy to hold my hands up and say my ‘confidence’ is shit in a couple of weeks if it’s proven to be, but hopefully I’ll be right.

Positive thinking (reality, as I always felt it was) will prove to be correct in the end. My goodness though . . it is taking its time happening!!

Difficult to tell but I think he just wants fucking rid of it, it's a chunk of money mind too.

Got to hope so, it won't do any harm if he does.

Closer to what?

Positive noise, really.

Positive thinking (reality, as I always felt it was) will prove to be correct in the end. My goodness though . . it is taking its time happening!!

Even a broken clock is right once a day.

Closer to what?

Positive noise, really.

Even a broken clock is right once a day.

Twice a day... we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Guest Howaythetoon

The only logical conclusion is the PL approve this because they have no grounds to reject it which if they did they would have done so by now and they can’t just not rule and if they do reject the deal, they will face having their decision appealed at the least and at most several law suits.

This of course could be stopped right the now if Ashley decides to no longer want to sell the club to PIF, but if he genuinely wants to sell up, they are the only deal in Town and it’s in his best interests to help make this happen which I think he will try to do and I think SA itself will do whatever it takes to influence PIF getting approval now which they were prepared to leave up to them and will destroy those who have stuck their nose into matters along the way and the PL would be wise to back out or pick which horse to bet on carefully because there will only be one winner in this.

I know who I’m backing and I’m again 100% confident this will happen and the tactic of withdrawing and a public call to arms was deliberate not to put pressure on the EPL but a show of power which if that doesn’t get the PL’s attention just think what spending some money would add to their defence and how much money they actually have...

They haven’t even warmed up yet.

If you keep posting in this thread then you're in, regardless of what you post. You can pretend otherwise but you're only fooling yourself. Well apart from that cunt Pennwards, who is just hear to wind people up.