Leicester City 1-0 Newcastle United (FT) - Post Match Reaction from Page 18

BlueStar

Guest firetotheworks

Since when did 'Cockney' become a derogatory term anyway?

When it was preceded by "fat" and followed by "bastard".

:thup:

The cockney chant is brainless as fuck, total hypocrisy defending that then being annoyed by perceived bias of southerners against us.

What does Ashley's birthplace have to do with anything?

It's so fucking annoying. Especially when "You fat fucking bastard" even sounds meaner than fucking "cockney". Fuck.

Guest firetotheworks

Since you put it before "bastard", same way as lots of other stuff? "e.g. "black" or "white" aren't derogatory terms on their own.

:lol:

"There's a black man standing in the hallway."

vs

"There's a fat black bastard standing in the hallway."

I don't even know why this needs to be explained.

Fucking exactly!

He probably planned to play a strong team until he got a phone call from Mike.

Aye, I'd say Mike came off the beach in Barbados specifically to tell Carver to play a s*** team

I've heard they have mobile phones in Barbados.

You actually think Ashley told Carver to play a s*** team? That's ridiculous IMO

Well something changed after he told us he would play his strongest team. What do you think happened?

I think Carver is a lying cunt. Maybe Ashley told him not to play Sissoko as he might be leaving but what is in it for Ashley to lose in the cup? Also, hasn't it been said that Carr is compiling a list of managers for when Ashley is back. If Ashley can't be bothered to find a new manager while on holiday he isn't going to be bothered about some 3rd round FA cup game

Guest firetotheworks

It's derogatory when sandwiched between with 'fat' and 'b******'.

Aye but at least one of those two things is true. Not sure if he's medically fat like.

Medically fat.

MEDICALLY.

Aye, and black people are black, that's a fact. As Hans pointed out though it's a different context if it's sandwiched between 'fat' and 'bastard' though, isn't it?

I hate the chant but to be fair what he has done to the club I can understand why people hate him so much.

If some bloke stole my lass I would not call him a nasty man..its the same he has stole my club.

But again I don't agree with the chant

Since you put it before "bastard", same way as lots of other stuff? "e.g. "black" or "white" aren't derogatory terms on their own.

"There's a black man standing in the hallway."

vs

"There's a fat black bastard standing in the hallway."

I don't even know why this needs to be explained.

So funny. :lol:

Carver showing he is a poor coach who is not afraid to annoy the fans with a weak team selection - he's Mike's new puppy dog

And why would Ashley tell Carver to pick a poor team? It's his money and let's say with a quarter final spot in the FA Cup and prize money he could pay a few weeks wages for players with that!

They think progress in the cup negatively impacts on league placing,which is where the big money is. They've actually admitted this, read up on some of the past fan forum minutes.

He's gonna die

He's gonna die

Mike Ashleys gonna die

How we kill him I don't know ?

Cut him up from head to toe

All I know is Ashley's gonna die

Should sing this to cut out any shit cockney debate

Man U song but fuck it

"You person from London, we do not like you."

Proper venomous that like.

Him being from London has got NOTHING to do with it. I dunno how many times it has to brought up with you in particular, you just don't get it like.

I do get it. Completely. It just doesn't f***ing matter like you seem to think it does.

It matters from a public perception perspective. We'll always be seen as being unjustly harsh on people just because they're from Larndarn. It's not the end of the world, it's just another stick to beat us with, and another way for everyone to bang on about how unrealistic we are.

I don't really give a s*** if Londoners think we hate London. We know we don't. Anyone with any sense knows we don't. If they think we do well tough s*** - more fool them for making a stereotype.

Well you should give a s***, it puts us in a bad light and gives everyone another stick to beat us with. Just because other fans sing it to opposition players doesn't make it fine, we're doing it to our own owner as if 'cockney' is a derogatory term, if you think that's fine then that's fair enough, but you're a bit naive if you think that other people outside of the club don't believe the same (including players and managers and staff that we might want as some point)

Why should I give a s*** if Southerners think that I, as a Geordie, hate them all on the basis of one song against one Southern c***?

Even if they do make that assumption - more fool them.

Their narrow-mindedness will be far worse than mine for singing that about one person.

Quite frankly even if people don't like it when I'm abusive about one of their "own" then that's tough s***. I wouldn't be abusive if he wasn't a c***. Which he clearly is.

If the shoe was on the other foot I'd totally expect Southerners to call their owner a Geordie cunt, and I wouldn't think they hated all of us for that reason.

You should give a shit because for the last 4 years we've had a manager that was excused by the media, fans, pundits and possibly our own owner from being totally shit because they assumed we didn't like him for being Southern.

Saw this in The Mag the other day from one of our own fans (and a regular writer for them).

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/ayoze-perez-part-reason-alan-pardew-leaving/

Aside from not signing anything for the public to see yet, Alan Pardew is no longer at Newcastle United.

I was prepared to give him a chance when he first came, whereas many ‘fans’ disliked him for numerous reasons: being a cockney; being a cockney; and mainly, for being a cockney.

It's absolutely disgusting.

Guest firetotheworks

In  Shakesperes plays, a Cockney was referred to a  mummy`s boy,an effeminate man.

It's 2015, not 1602.

"You person from London, we do not like you."

Proper venomous that like.

Him being from London has got NOTHING to do with it. I dunno how many times it has to brought up with you in particular, you just don't get it like.

I do get it. Completely. It just doesn't f***ing matter like you seem to think it does.

It matters from a public perception perspective. We'll always be seen as being unjustly harsh on people just because they're from Larndarn. It's not the end of the world, it's just another stick to beat us with, and another way for everyone to bang on about how unrealistic we are.

I don't really give a s*** if Londoners think we hate London. We know we don't. Anyone with any sense knows we don't. If they think we do well tough s*** - more fool them for making a stereotype.

Well you should give a s***, it puts us in a bad light and gives everyone another stick to beat us with. Just because other fans sing it to opposition players doesn't make it fine, we're doing it to our own owner as if 'cockney' is a derogatory term, if you think that's fine then that's fair enough, but you're a bit naive if you think that other people outside of the club don't believe the same (including players and managers and staff that we might want as some point)

Why should I give a s*** if Southerners think that I, as a Geordie, hate them all on the basis of one song against one Southern c***?

Even if they do make that assumption - more fool them.

Their narrow-mindedness will be far worse than mine for singing that about one person.

Quite frankly even if people don't like it when I'm abusive about one of their "own" then that's tough s***. I wouldn't be abusive if he wasn't a c***. Which he clearly is.

If the shoe was on the other foot I'd totally expect Southerners to call their owner a Geordie cunt, and I wouldn't think they hated all of us for that reason.

You should give a shit because for the last 4 years we've had a manager that was excused by the media, fans, pundits and possibly our own owner from being totally shit because they assumed we didn't like him for being Southern.

Saw this in The Mag the other day from one of our own fans (and a regular writer for them).

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/ayoze-perez-part-reason-alan-pardew-leaving/

Aside from not signing anything for the public to see yet, Alan Pardew is no longer at Newcastle United.

I was prepared to give him a chance when he first came, whereas many ‘fans’ disliked him for numerous reasons: being a cockney; being a cockney; and mainly, for being a cockney.

It's absolutely disgusting.

Fuck aye I saw that. What the fuck are The Mag doing letting utter shite like that get to print?

Guest neesy111

In  Shakesperes plays, a Cockney was referred to a  mummy`s boy,an effeminate man.

It's 2014, not 1602.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/666/_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

Guest firetotheworks

Some of the posts on here are mad, like. Some people just haven't been paying attention. I've just read someone questioning why Ashley would want us to not be in the cups...

Honestly, have these people been living under rocks.

Guest firetotheworks

Since time began, up their with Scouser and Mackem for me like.....

Mackem is derogatory but is lapped up by the media now. Arseholes need a history lesson.

See this is the thing, it's actually you that needs to realise that history means nothing and it's always about the current context. Mackems have taken the name and used it in a positive way, therefore that is the context that it's used in, just in the way that saying 'Paki' is in absolutely no way excusable because it's 'an abbreviation'