Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Is it possible the takeover drags on till past the transfer window and we go into the new season with no manager and no new players ?

Isn't that exactly what's happened for each of the last 3 transfer windows? :lol:

I'd say it's not just possible, it's pretty much guaranteed.

We tried / Guess who wins again

Guest chopey

Is it possible the takeover drags on till past the transfer window and we go into the new season with no manager and no new players ?

Isn't that exactly what's happened for each of the last 3 transfer windows? :lol:

Could be tricky going into the new season with no Rafa, Josalu, Rondon and Diame

Guest godzilla

We bought players in the Summer and January (not enough granted) but it happened, so you're incorrect saying it's guaranteed as it didn't happen the last two for a start

No takeover and Rafa leaving before the start of the season would probably be the final straw for a lot of people, both in the stands and on here.

I'd rather see it all fall through than just Rafa stay at this moment in time. I want him out and to move on, him staying even with Rafa would probably be the worst outcome, just enough to keep the worm wriggling on the hook.

Guest godzilla

No takeover and Rafa leaving before the start of the season would probably be the final straw for a lot of people, both in the stands and on here.

I'd rather see it all fall through than just Rafa stay at this moment in time. I want him out and to move on, him staying even with Rafa would probably be the worst outcome, just enough to keep the worm wriggling on the hook.

Agree

I’ve heard that A LOT in the last 12 years.

Guest godzilla

I’ve heard that A LOT in the last 12 years.

The only reason the crowds stayed the last 3 years is due to Rafa, if the club is not sold and Rafa leaves I think there will be a lot not going this time and I think people may be surprised actually how many. As always time will tell

I reckon he could bring back Kinnear as manager and then do a lap of the pitch at half time and full time giving the crowd the finger and there’d still be a decent crowd.

Some rich fucker buying us is the only way out, don’t think the fanbase will ever make it hard enough on Ashley to pressure him into leaving.

Guest godzilla

I reckon he could bring back Kinnear as manager and then do a lap of the pitch at half time and full time giving the crowd the finger and there’d still be a decent crowd.

Some rich f***er buying us is the only way out, don’t think the fanbase will ever make it hard enough on Ashley to pressure him into leaving.

Agree

We bought players in the Summer and January (not enough granted) but it happened, so you're incorrect saying it's guaranteed as it didn't happen the last two for a start

True, of course we bought players. But each of our last 3(?) transfer windows has been ruined (from a fans' perspective, at least!) by takeover rumours. I'm not shouting "conspiracy", but it does seem to happen like clockwork as soon as each window is about to open and then we're paralysed for weeks whilst it resolves itself.

Guest chopey

Mark Hughes with a healthy transfer budget spent on young saleable assets is my guess, no cups and finish 17th.

Some rich fucker buying us is the only way out, don’t think the fanbase will ever make it hard enough on Ashley to pressure him into leaving.

Yep.

Yep.

Same.  This is why to me the whole 'Ashley's doing this to deflect from the Rafa situation' conspiracy makes no sense.  He could literally say fuck all for the next 2 month, let Rafa walk, bring in some cunt, sign one or 2 bottom of the barrel players and the ground would still be full next season.  No need for any elaborate master-plan.

My take on it so far.

Midhat crossed Ashley or one of his people at some point in the last few months in London. Selling the club came up in conversation and they were asked how much to sell.

Something like leave it with me while I talk with the boss happened and then they did indeed come back asking to start the process.

BZG is a conglomerate meaning it’s made up of lots of diverse businesses and partnerships. It takes a while to get all the pieces on the chess board in terms of finance or members.

Ashley not wanting to bow down to Rafas requests and just in case BZG got cold feet, takes a gamble and leaks the story to the sun. Putting BZG in a position where they have to admit the agreement but perhaps were still some way off getting their lot together to complete the purchase.

So now we’re stuck in limbo, Ashley has his ready made excuse for why he couldn’t get a deal with Rafa and he’s also in a perfect scenario because he’s selling the club for what he wants for it.

The timeline of this doesn’t matter to him. It could drag on for weeks or months. He doesn’t see the club as his problem any more. It matters to us because it’s going to fuck another season before it’s even started.

The Sheikh most likely only putting in somewhere between 82 and 175 million to buy. That’s what it says on Monochrome.. he owns minimum 25% but not more than 50%

The rest is made up of faceless business owners that make up the rest of the group.

What they can actually pool together if really required is anyone’s guess.

After the Liverpool bid failed, this not happening would do damage to them over there. It’s a story that’s been in the news constantly. They won’t be backing out.

My take on it so far.

Midhat crossed Ashley or one of his people at some point in the last few months in London. Selling the club came up in conversation and they were asked how much to sell.

Something like leave it with me while I talk with the boss happened and then they did indeed come back asking to start the process.

BZG is a conglomerate meaning it’s made up of lots of diverse businesses and partnerships. It takes a while to get all the pieces on the chess board in terms of finance or members.

Ashley not wanting to bow down to Rafas requests and just in case BZG got cold feet, takes a gamble and leaks the story to the sun. Putting BZG in a position where they have to admit the agreement but perhaps were still some way off getting their lot together to complete the purchase.

So now we’re stuck in limbo, Ashley has his ready made excuse for why he couldn’t get a deal with Rafa and he’s also in a perfect scenario because he’s selling the club for what he wants for it.

The timeline of this doesn’t matter to him. It could drag on for weeks or months. He doesn’t see the club as his problem any more. It matters to us because it’s going to fuck another season before it’s even started.

The Sheikh most likely only putting in somewhere between 82 and 175 million to buy. That’s what it says on Monochrome.. he owns minimum 25% but not more than 50%

The rest is made up of faceless business owners that make up the rest of the group.

After the Liverpool bid failed, this not happening would do damage to them over there. It’s a story that’s been in the news constantly. They won’t be backing out.

Sounds pretty realistic. The only difference to that is I’d seen the leak came from PL, not Ashley when the initial documents were submitted, although that could’ve been Twitter bullshit.

Guest godzilla

My take on it so far.

The timeline of this doesn’t matter to him. It could drag on for weeks or months. He doesn’t see the club as his problem any more. It matters to us because it’s going to f*** another season before it’s even started.

Sounds pretty realistic. The only difference to that is I’d seen the leak came from PL, not Ashley when the initial documents were submitted, although that could’ve been Twitter bullshit.

I actually think it's a pretty straight forward deal with an announcement to be made this week or next. I think the fact that Rafas contract only has a few weeks left has ramped up the conspiracy theories, but I honestly think that Rafa knows the score otherwise he would have been putting his foot into some of the jobs taken recently. Time will tell though as I keep saying.

My take on it... it's happening. We'll be hearing news this Friday or maybe at the start of next week.

What I'm worrying is not about: "is this happening or not?" but "is the next owner will be better than Ashley or not?". And all the sign about the new owner is negative.

My take on it... it's happening. We'll be hearing news this Friday or maybe at the start of next week.

What I'm worrying is not about: "is this happening or not?" but "is the next owner will be better than Ashley or not?". And all the sign about the new owner is negative.

Best not bother then.

Well we have to make sure we have something to be negative about just in case something positive happens. There must be balance.