Sam Allardyce

Thespence

what's really astonishing is that he's probably trousered best part of £5m getting the sack here and at blackburn.

malcolm mclaren would be very very proud.

The payoff he got from us was more than £4m iirc so its more like £6m or £7m.

what's really astonishing is that he's probably trousered best part of £5m getting the sack here and at blackburn.

malcolm mclaren would be very very proud.

The payoff he got from us was more than £4m iirc so its more like £6m or £7m.

eek! i really thought it was only around £2.5m or so. makes it all the more astonishing  :kasper:

Guest johnson293

They cant go a few months with no manager surely??

Is Tony Parkes not still there? He's been their caretaker manager on quite a few occassions hasn't he??

I don't know what to think of this tbh. My first reaction is to always look to see how it will effect us. As others have pointed out, if likely his next stop will be West Sham. And if he follows form he'll keep them up, considering I and most others had them as relegation certainties, that's not a good thing for us.

Of course there's "Where do Blackburn go from here ?" Well you would think they would be looking for a bigger name or a manager with a better reputation than Fat Sam. There's only two candidates, I see out there, that fill that bill, O'Neill and Jol. As laughable as it may seen both may see the Blackburn job as more attractive than they saw the NUFC one, especially if they were promised a lot of money to spend.

If Blackburn bring in one of those two, then they too are unlikely to go down. That's not good for us.

Having said all that, hopefully West Sham will hang on to Grant for too long for Fat Sam to weave his magic and Blackburn leave this caretaker in for 2 months and then replace him with someone like Strachan. Then I can see both going down.

Fat Sam and Blackburn were a good fit, for goodness sake they get less than 20k to go to there games, it's a shit hole of a town, what more could they expect than mid table PL football, even if it's truged to watch.

Absolutely cracking news. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

mind you, i think the blackburn board are stupid because he was guaranteed to keep them up (as he was with us when we got rid) and their players aren't exactly great. unless they're just preparing for a january super spree!

hopefully sam can be gone for a while and i hope he doesn't go to wham because in all likelihood, that'd be them safe too.

Absolutely cracking news. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

mind you, i think the blackburn board are stupid because he was guaranteed to keep them up (as he was with us when we got rid) and their players aren't exactly great. unless they're just preparing for a january super spree!

hopefully sam can be gone for a while and i hope he doesn't go to wham because in all likelihood, that'd be them safe too.

He may have kept us up despite the horrible Football we played.  But it was far from guaranteed considering we'd only played three top four teams in 21 matches and had Arsenal, Manure, Liverpool, Villa (all top 5 teams and all away from home) and Manure again at home in the next 8 games.

It's funny how this hasn't generated as many problems in the media as the Hughton sacking. They are similar events, imo and this one is even less warranted. Personally, I am extremely pleased to see Big Sam somewhere other than managing a team I have to watch twice a season. Maybe everyone just hates him as well, and Hughton was the opposite.

It's funny how this hasn't generated as many problems in the media as the Hughton sacking. They are similar events, imo and this one is even less warranted. Personally, I am extremely pleased to see Big Sam somewhere other than managing a team I have to watch twice a season. Maybe everyone just hates him as well, and Hughton was the opposite.

Hughton = a victim. In the case of Allardyce the only victims are those that have to watch his sides play,

FSA represents everything that is odious in the footballing world.  This may sound idealistic, but I actually watch the game to be entertained.  His anti-football is an entertainment black-hole, sucking any enjoyment into its event horizon, never to be seen again.  So from that perspective, it pleases me that he got sacked.  Not to mention that this arrogant douchebag looks like a hybrid of Cory Haim and that flying monster from The Neverending Story. 

That said, their reasons for sacking him were shit.