Sam Allardyce

Thespence

Just think that could be Ronaldo pinging long balls for Higuain to clatter the keeper and for the ball to bounce in off Ramos' head soon.

Like he wouldn't take Diouf & Samba with him to Madrid. :lol:

At Madrid he'd have the spending power to prise Rory Delap away from Stoke.

Patrick Collins has his say on Big Sam

Pity the poor foreigners if Sam Allardyce ever gets his way

The rise and rise of the football manager is one of the wonders of our sporting age. Once he was the modest fellow who picked the team, pacified the chairman and suffered the sack when it all went wrong. No longer. Now he struts the stage, milking the applause and delivering significant opinions.

He is a figure of substance, a man whose views are not mocked. Unless, of course, he happens to be Sam Allardyce. In which case, mockery may be the only appropriate response.

The Lancashire Krakatoa erupted not once but twice last week. It was the usual stuff; part malice, part mischief, part self-promotion, part selfdelusion. And the louder he shouted, the more we wondered: how has it come to this? Why do people hang on the words of one with so little of interest to say?

As you may have gathered, this column has no great regard for Allardyce. His manner is crude and his teams even cruder. He produced a Bolton side which was moderately successful and miserably unwatchable. He was then employed by Newcastle's Freddy Shepherd, shortly before Shepherd decided to seize the money and scamper. Newcastle had become almost as charmless as Bolton when the new chairman, Mike Ashley, sent Allardyce packing with his pride hurt and pockets full. His passing was not widely mourned on Tyneside.

He then he turned up at Blackburn, where he has produced a scowling, muscular, intimidating side, much loved by the kind of people who don't much care for football and enjoyed watching Bolton. And yet, on the back of those dubious achievements, he has grown mysteriously ambitious.

A few weeks ago, he announced that he would leave the Premier League in two or three seasons and take over a national team.

He didn't specify the fortunate nation - could Germany become more efficient? Do Brazil need more flair? Are Spain really the finished article? - but deep down we knew. Since he doesn't approve of a foreigner managing England, then there was only one job that could accommodate him.

But we may have been wrong. His thoughts are now directed at some of Europe's needy clubs. 'I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Inter Milan or Real Madrid,' he declared. 'It wouldn't be a problem for me to manage those clubs because I would win the Double or the league every time.'

We imagined all those Italian and Spanish executives wailing: 'Why did we waste our time on Trapattoni, Hiddink, Capello and Del Bosque when Big Sam was there for the taking?'

Yet if a job at Inter or Real should fail to materialise, would his arrogance be dented? Not at all. 'Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same', he promised. 'It wouldn't be a problem.' As you see, he has no shortage of confidence. Ability is a rather different matter. Yet it was that misplaced confidence which led him into another clumsy assault upon his old enemy, Arsene Wenger.

The Arsenal manager holds Allardyce in the deepest contempt and finds great glee in beating Blackburn on a regular basis. For his part, Allardyce loathes Wenger.

Indeed, I suspect he doesn't much care for foreigners at large - he once argued that he would have been offered the England job had his name been 'Allardici'. But Wenger is his most regular target. And so he has lifted his blunderbuss and taken unsteady aim.

I quote: 'Arsene has most of the media in his pocket now and is almost - almost - affecting the officials so that you can't tackle an Arsenal player. That's something he's very clever at working in his favour, you can see that. He's a very clever man in terms of influencing referees, officials and everyone in football ... In terms of saying people are trying to injure players, he's trying to influence, through the media, the referees and that's something they shouldn't get sucked into.'

Extraordinary stuff. Not English but gibberish. It makes John Prescott sound like Barack Obama. And do you know what is worse? He thinks he's being smart. Not that tosh about Wenger pocketing the media - the reality is that the Frenchman barely tolerates scribblers, while few managers work harder at cultivating media chums than Allardyce himself.

No, it's the fact that he clearly believes that by drawing attention to Wenger's alleged attempts to influence referees, he will persuade those same officials to take a harder line with Arsenal.

This is known as a 'mind game', a sport for which Allardyce seems conspicuously ill-equipped.

But perhaps we should not judge him too harshly, for he is both absurdly rewarded and fatuously indulged.

Of course, the best managers firmly refuse to inhale foolish flattery. They are not our concern.

No, the real problems lie with the others, the daftly deluded, the ones who close their eyes and see themselves at San Siro or the Bernabeu, teaching the foreigners the mysteries of Route One.

Mockery is the very least they deserve.

Football is put in its place by Grant

West Ham United seem destined to spend a struggling season and their manager, Avram Grant, will surely suffer many months of honest criticism and cheap abuse.

Yet his decision to miss yesterday's match at Stoke in order to mark Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, does him enormous credit.

Effectively, he is saying that sport has its place but it is essentially a peripheral pleasure.

Some things are more central, more fundamental and immeasurably more important. Even those of us who are not of the Jewish faith will respect and admire his civilised decision.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1313278/PATRICK-COLLINS-Pity-poor-foreigners-Sam-Allardyce-gets-way.html#ixzz0zyAxs6Cf

Not sure if this has been posted but more self praising from the idiot

Sam Allardyce insists he has respect for Arsene Wenger but says there is "not a chance" the Arsenal boss is a more advanced coach.

Allardyce has long had a fractious relationship with Wenger, and the Blackburn manager has revealed that he has found him difficult from their first meeting over a decade ago.

"I first met Arsene Wenger in 1999 when I was manager of Notts County and we sold Jermaine Pennant to Arsenal for a record £2million," he said in his News of the World column. "I was really looking forward to meeting him but all I got was a handshake. No more.

"We have crossed swords many more times in the years since but I gave up inviting him for a glass of wine after games long ago because I know he won't come.

"The truth is that nobody really knows Arsene Wenger. There certainly aren't too many people who actually get close to him. Sir Alex Ferguson and some of the foreign coaches like Avram Grant always pop in for a drink so I don't think it's a problem with my wine!

"If that's Arsene's way, though, then I respect that. Maybe he doesn't like me. Maybe he is keen to get on the coach or the plane after fulfilling 45 minutes of post-match media duties."

Allardyce repeated his claim that Wenger is using the media to influence referees in the column, but added: "None of all this affects my view of Wenger.

"I have total respect for the way he changed his philosophy in recent years when the £400 million move to the Emirates Stadium reduced his spending power in the transfer market."

Allardyce says, though, that he believes he is on an equal footing with Wenger when it comes to management.

"When I say what I think there are people who say "Oh, it's only antiquated Sam Allardyce", and all kinds of b******* like that," he said. "There is a problem with perception.

"Arsene is seen as a sophisticated Frenchman while I'm just a rugged English centre-half from the Midlands with an accent to match, but is Arsene more advanced than me in terms of coaching? Not a chance.

"Does he use live fitness data on his players during games? Does he study sports psychology every day? Does he use sports science to the extent that I do? I doubt it.

"None of all this affects my view of Wenger. I have total respect for the way he changed his philosophy in recent years when the £400 million move to the Emirates Stadium reduced his spending power in the transfer market.

"He hasn't won trophies yet with his current crop but he has stuck to his guns by insisting that nothing will prevent the development of his young players. Arsenal play some wonderful football but what makes the Premier League interesting is the difference in styles between teams."

Allardyce also revealed he was disappointed to see Rafael Benitez leave Liverpool this summer.

"I am gutted that Rafa Benitez has gone. He hated me and I used to love winding him up. For years he came to Bolton and never got a result and used to accuse us of cheating."

For me those two parts in bold really highlight the type of person he is.  The first part shows he is so desperate to prove that he is different with all his reliance on sports science that he is blinded even when they are utterly ineffective.

The second part just proves that he is a c***...to be disappointed to see someone go just because he can't wind him up anymore...absolutely no class!

He should join WWE and make a tag-team with Randy Orton, he would be such a fantastic heel.

Would have made a sweet alliance with these guys:

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/n/naturaldisasters/06.jpg

The Natural Disasters: Earthquake, Typhoon and Shitehawk.