General press coverage

Optimistic Nut

Guest neesy111

He the bloke who stole from the people who crowd funded towards that 'Looking for Number 5' documentary that he sacked off?

Hadn't heard about this before. Seems a bit of a mess. Just checked out the Twitter they set up for it and he was active on it in Feb, including a rebuttal to the above rumour. Then went dark again until randomly retweeting Caulkin in August.

Don't listen to Pod on the Tyne and don't know much about Taylor and/or Besty in general (I seem to recall seeing them split opinions on here in the past) but would happily give any Albert and/or 5-1 related efforts a go so I hope something still comes of it.

That Taylor is a absolute cunt, I'm sure I've said it before on here... :whistle:

He the bloke who stole from the people who crowd funded towards that 'Looking for Number 5' documentary that he sacked off?

Hadn't heard about this before. Seems a bit of a mess. Just checked out the Twitter they set up for it and he was active on it in Feb, including a rebuttal to the above rumour. Then went dark again until randomly retweeting Caulkin in August.

Don't listen to Pod on the Tyne and don't know much about Taylor and/or Besty in general (I seem to recall seeing them split opinions on here in the past) but would happily give any Albert and/or 5-1 related efforts a go so I hope something still comes of it.

That Taylor is a absolute cunt, I'm sure I've said it before on here... :whistle:

:lol: Might've jogged my memory on the split opinions. He the one that called you a virgin?

Guest neesy111

:lol: Might've jogged my memory on the split opinions. He the one that called you a virgin?

Yeap.

Absolutely love hearing that podcast get slated for having woeful craic like :lol:

Being a good writer doesn't necessarily make you a good orator, nor does it mean you have the persona or humour to excel on a light hearted podcast. I've found some terrific football writers to be woefully boring through the medium of podcast.

Yeap.

:lol:

I don't mind the podcast, I don't take it too seriously and usually listen in to hear some perspective from the NE as I'm way over here in Canaduh.

*side note: of all the forum's I'm apart of, this one, by far, has the harshest criticism's of anything living and breathing. :lol:

Absolutely love hearing that podcast get slated for having woeful craic like :lol:

Being a good writer doesn't necessarily make you a good orator, nor does it mean you have the persona or humour to excel on a light hearted podcast. I've found some terrific football writers to be woefully boring through the medium of podcast.

Caulkin's always a fantastic guest in other podcasts. Just that one is so infested with Taylor's shit banter that the others stoop.

:lol: The other thing is they called it "Looking for number five" as if Albert has disappeared and become some sort of recluse.

I know someone who works for the club who told me they have Albert's number  :lol: He said if T&B had approached them explaining they wanted to speak to him/film then they probably would've offered to put them in touch.

Seems like they're still going with the 'we're trying' line. The doc's Twitter went quiet after being crazy active in Feb but randomly retweeted Caulkin last month.

Agreed on the name of the doc, though. They seemed to dress it up as a challenge on the Kickstarter blurb. They're either purposely trying to make it a challenge just for the story or talking shit considering as WBCP says, they could've just used a few connections to gauge his interest. He was doing an NUFC-specific interview with the Guardian less than a year ago so it's not like he's shunning the world.

An audacious 25 yard chip over the head of the best goal keeper in the world by a man who now runs a fruit and veg delivery business somewhere in Belgium. "Looking For Number 5" is the story of two childhood friends and their quest to track down and meet the man responsible for that, the most spine tingling of moments.

We might not find Philippe. We might find him and he won't want to be involved. If either of these situations occur, we can draw on some industry and media contacts to help us out to achieve our goal. If we ultimately fail in finding Philippe, we will still have an interesting, funny and heartwarming story that we would like to tell.

Seems like they're still going with the 'we're trying' line. The doc's Twitter went quiet after being crazy active in Feb but randomly retweeted Caulkin last month.

Agreed on the name of the doc, though. They seemed to dress it up as a challenge on the Kickstarter blurb. They're either purposely trying to make it a challenge just for the story or talking shit considering as WBCP says, they could've just used a few connections to gauge his interest. He was doing an NUFC-specific interview with the Guardian less than a year ago so it's not like he's shunning the world.

An audacious 25 yard chip over the head of the best goal keeper in the world by a man who now runs a fruit and veg delivery business somewhere in Belgium. "Looking For Number 5" is the story of two childhood friends and their quest to track down and meet the man responsible for that, the most spine tingling of moments.

We might not find Philippe. We might find him and he won't want to be involved. If either of these situations occur, we can draw on some industry and media contacts to help us out to achieve our goal. If we ultimately fail in finding Philippe, we will still have an interesting, funny and heartwarming story that we would like to tell.

:thup:

It's obviously taken from Tyler's commentary but was definitely billed as trying to track him down. Not like they were rocking up off the ferry in Calais and going "reet, where's David Terrier then?"

I've never contributed to one in my life but isn't that one of the biggest caveats of sites like Kickstarter; there's a chance your contributions go down the drain? This being the reason I've never put money in to one of these things.

Obviously that's separate from the morality/ethics of it and I could be wrong in my understanding anyway.

You cant just spend fundraiser money and give no product. I'm no expert in film production but it isn't exactly La Haine, it shoudl not be hard to edt down.

Looking at the website it looks like they raised close to 8 grand - pretty poor form to just give up and not give any end product.