N-O Football Live Quizzing

Disco

That is a fucking ridiculous score, Good Lord. :lol:

Cheers Lucas.

So pleased I convinced Optimistic Nut[/member] to not miss it so he beat ponsaelius[/member]

When the results came in I could picture his rage :lol:

:D

It was a helluva score from Nut tbf. I knew I wasn't gonna win, too many duff answers on high scoring questions.

4 different champions so far - good competition!

Sorry to end your birthday week on a low note :lol:

Maybe we should have a quiz of champions with the questions set by the relegation candidates like me and Ian W[/member] to seek our revenge :lol:

Canny chuffed with that score! Was lucky the big point questions I knew the majority of this time! Last couple weeks I’ve lost a ton of points because I don’t know football stadia, old football strips or how many goals were scored in Euro 2004.

Sassy. :lol: If Sewelly and Lucas had both got 0 on the Euro goals question, they would have still finished first and second.

Not sure if you've listened to it yet Yorkie[/member] but doing a PL/CL draft a la SPM on one of these would work pretty well I reckon. Would provide discussion and a slight competitive element.

Funny, they did a European Super League thing a couple weeks back and I was wondering if we could have a discussion along those lines. But yours sounds like a better idea.

Aye, that would work too.

And as I'm sure you're gasping to know swapping Celtic for Porto would've been my only change to theirs based on their parameters.

Yeah I was a bit surprised that they saw Benfica as the 'obvious' choice from Portugal, given Porto's European record is so much better.

Benfica have won the same amount of European Cups, and have lost 5 finals.

Porto have won the only two they've played in, but are admittedly more recent.

Yeah I was a bit surprised that they saw Benfica as the 'obvious' choice from Portugal, given Porto's European record is so much better.

Didn’t someone put a curse on them and since then they’ve lost every final?

Didn’t someone put a curse on them and since then they’ve lost every final?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bela_Guttmann#The_"curse"_of_Bela_Guttmann

Porto have five European wins including the Europa League, three in this century, so I stand by the comment that the Portugal part of the pod's discussion was surprisingly short; there's a strong argument for both of them.

Anyway, are we decided on what we're doing on Sunday? Nut quiz / The LFEE Files / this thing?

See no point doing LFEE's conversation thing, that's what this forum is for.

Well it was for people like you stuck in on their own during lockdown for a bit of social action... guess I don’t need to bother :lol: