DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

Guest Howaythetoon

Gets forward so well and off the ball seems to read attacking moves well enough, but he has zero football ability.

• 2 months later...

I really like him, comes across as a sound guy and is very popular amongst the players by all accounts. I think we all agree we need to upgrade the position even prior to takeover talk, and personally if I was to keep one of Manquillo or Yedlin as back up, I'd go with Manquillo.

Yedlin has done well for us though.

I think Willems coming in really shone a light on what a quality wing back can bring to a team. I still think he has to improve defensively which is something I'd trust Rafa with. A similar player on the right would be fantastic, that said out of the 3 players mentioned, Manquillo is the best defender by a decent margin imo.

In a tricky position considering Yedlin only has a year left on his deal

Ideally, Krafth and Yedlin would leave and Manquillo kept on, but that also depends on Manquillo agreeing a new deal

Plus if Yedlin is pushing for a move anyway (talk that he wants to go back to Seattle), makes sense for all involved to work something out.

He's absolutely chod. His positioning is so poor that even his searing pace can't make up for it, he's forever caught out of place and doesn't use the ball well enough to mask that.

He'd be one of the first I'd be hoping to replace and get rid of when the takeover dust settles.

He's absolutely chod. His positioning is so poor that even his searing pace can't make up for it, he's forever caught out of place and doesn't use the ball well enough to mask that.

He'd be one of the first I'd be hoping to replace and get rid of when the takeover dust settles.

Exactly this!  One of the worst full backs I've seen at Newcastle.