Football podcasts

Gash

The Football Ramble is so much better with the rotating line up. Less Luke but also Vish, Kate, Andy & Jules ball bring something different. Really enjoying it, it's really brought it to life and random combinations create something different. Vish is savagely funny, no messing just nails his point home. Pete & Vish or Pete &, Andy is always a great episode

If you're a fan of the heavily saturated weekend recap genre, the Second Captains Monday release (which is free) is by far the best one. Today's episode is marvellous and not just because it contains a hilarious anecdote about Neil Warnock. Today's Ramble on the other hand was entirely void of anything interesting or insightful whatsoever.

Would agree, comes out earlier than FW which is extremely handy too.

It’s a shame Andy Brassell ended up on the Ramble bandwagon and not FW or Totally. One of very few I’m genuinely go to  to hear opinions from.

If you're a fan of the heavily saturated weekend recap genre, the Second Captains Monday release (which is free) is by far the best one. Today's episode is marvellous and not just because it contains a hilarious anecdote about Neil Warnock. Today's Ramble on the other hand was entirely void of anything interesting or insightful whatsoever.

Ken’s disdain of Frank Lampard is worth the subscription alone.

Had to chase up On the Continent because the Ramble keep fucking around. Can't believe Dotun Adebayo is now the host - love him on World Football Phone-In but he's hardly there for his footballing knowledge.

Anyone on OTC is just there to fill in for a few seconds while Brassell takes a breath in between monologues  :lol:

It's not the same without Horncastle but Nicky Bandini fills in well enough on the Italian stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Jon Dahl Tomasson is the guest on this weeks Football Ramble meets

Really wanted him to be great for us. I remember him being brilliant in that preseason tournament then Shearer got injured and didn’t really happen for him

Jon Dahl Tomasson is the guest on this weeks Football Ramble meets

Really wanted him to be great for us. I remember him being brilliant in that preseason tournament then Shearer got injured and didn’t really happen for him

Yeah - he was class playing behind Shearer pre-season then was moved up top!

I wonder how his time would have panned out if he had of scored that one on one 30 seconds into his debut after Tino's delightful back-heel?!

Think it’s good still to be honest - Vish and jules are good additions- Kate not so.

They have partly done it to keep up with all the football -though do agree that maybe Monday / Friday should be the original 4- and Marcus is the key

I've completely stopped listening now. I listened pretty much every episode til the summer. Dropped to the odd one at the beginning of the season and now never go looking for it. As I said nothing against the new'ns but the Ramble's whole USP was the dynamic of the group. With that gone I'll just stick to the Totally show.

I like Luke's Game so I only listen to that. I don't even listen to the episode, just that.

Loved that game. Is it separate somewhere or you just skip through the podcast to it?

It's always at the end of the Friday Preview Show.

Fucking looooooaaads of ads on the Ramble these days.

I used to listen to podcasts on my commute every day but since that isn't a thing any more I just listen every now and again if I have to drive somewhere.

Chucked one on this morning in the car and I was pretty much where I was going before the episode even started.

Fucking looooooaaads of ads on the Ramble these days.

I used to listen to podcasts on my commute every day but since that isn't a thing any more I just listen every now and again if I have to drive somewhere.

Chucked one on this morning in the car and I was pretty much where I was going before the episode even started.

Just fast forward

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Made the mistake of listening to a full episode of Football Ramble again today.

Used to love the show, now it's unbearable. Last few months only been skipping ahead the Friday shows for Luke's Game, but listened to the whole thing earlier.

Spent two minutes on some bollocks joke about Louis Theraux I didn't understand the point of, another few minutes of unimportance about Arsenal's new ceo, what with all the ads at the start and middle, skip the cleverly disguised Betway ad section, Pete's horrible jingles - Luke's Game is the only thing holding that Franchise together now.  :sad:

Used to enjoy the old show, Going for GLOLd!  :rolleyes: