Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Another club trying to better themselves - anyone know how many have upgraded their ground or training facilities since this fat twat bought us? Didn’t we have the third highest capacity when he bought us?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7737993/Liverpool-announce-plans-redevelop-Anfield-Road-End-increase-capacity-61-000.html

Looked into this a while ago and basically every single club currently in the Premier League has either developed or is set to develop their major facilities except us. Think it was something like Watford who were the only one who hadn't really done owt.

Another club trying to better themselves - anyone know how many have upgraded their ground or training facilities since this fat twat bought us? Didn’t we have the third highest capacity when he bought us?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7737993/Liverpool-announce-plans-redevelop-Anfield-Road-End-increase-capacity-61-000.html

Looked into this a while ago and basically every single club currently in the Premier League has either developed or is set to develop their major facilities except us. Think it was something like Watford who were the only one who hadn't really done owt.

Absolutely scandulous

The gym's perfectly adequate, we've got training barns, wheelie bins and paddling pools, stop complaining, you've never had it so good.

This and like Charnley says:

"Does it mean at some point in time we would like to update the training ground? Absolutely, yes.

"Our pitches are very good, our gym is perfectly adequate and functional. Do we have a swimming pool or water facilities? No. Would we like to have it at some stage? Absolutely."

It's not as if we don't want to do it. We just don't have the money like everyone else. Even though we're in the same league. Make increased profit every year. Have the lowest net spend. Increased season ticket prices. Have the most expensive shirt in Europe. The money just absolutely isn't there unfortunately.

He gets away with it purely because he is English, and we are far enough north for no one to give a shit. If he was a foreign owner running a club like this, he would have been getting far more stick from the national press.

Doesn't excuse the fans, that after years of the same shit, still hand over money.

Honestly don't now how they can sit there and without a hint of irony, moan on about the lack of investment etc when they've just forked out £90 kid on a home strip and over £500 on a season ticket.

He gets away with it purely because he is English, and we are far enough north for no one to give a shit. If he was a foreign owner running a club like this, he would have been getting far more stick from the national press.

Totally agree.

Add it to the list of areas we've fallen way, way behind other clubs solely because Ashley has no interest in competing as a sporting institution. People need to stop giving him money or he's never going to have any incentive to sell. People won't stop giving him money even whilst he's clearly destroying the current and future of the club and literally sticking 2 fingers up to the fans as he's doing it. It's a sad situation but the club is effectively in a coma until something changes.

Doesn't excuse the fans, that after years of the same shit, still hand over money.

Honestly don't now how they can sit there and without a hint of irony, moan on about the lack of investment etc when they've just forked out £90 kid on a home strip and over £500 on a season ticket.

This, it beggars belief. Paying him to stick his fingers up at you whilst fucking the club over royally. And celebrating if 'we' win as if it means something, other than another step towards the ultimate goal of survival on the cheap with no cup runs to get in the way.

Talking to fans of various clubs lately, a lot seem to believe the stadium is called the Sports direct Arena. Another win for Ashley.

Maybe if the "fans" were to destroy his adverts it might help. But that's not part of their big day out now is it.

Talking to fans of various clubs lately, a lot seem to believe the stadium is called the Sports direct Arena. Another win for Ashley.

Maybe if the "fans" were to destroy his adverts it might help. But that's not part of their big day out now is it.

Have never heard anyone call it the sports direct arena in my life

Clearly bollocks

Clearly bollocks

1. We didn't call it that when it was named that.

2 He didn't say people called it that.

Clearly bollocks

You ever been outside the north east?

New people I meet in the midlands ask me from time to time if that is still what it is officially called.

It's very much used as a point of ridicule.

Clearly bollocks

New people I meet in the midlands ask me from time to time if that is still what it is officially called.

I live in the Midlands

No one calls it that. Like literally ever. Bore off

Clearly bollocks

I live in the Midlands

So unnecessarily childish :lol:

Clearly bollocks

I live in the Midlands

You're talking shite though.

Clearly bollocks

I live in the Midlands

You're talking shite though.

:lol: Moron

Sometimes, you might have to accept that some people are telling the truth.