Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Talking to fans of various clubs lately, a lot seem to believe the stadium is called the Sports direct Arena. Another win for Ashley.

Maybe if the "fans" were to destroy his adverts it might help. But that's not part of their big day out now is it.

Have never heard anyone call it the sports direct arena in my life

Clearly bollocks

How about the BBC, or the club eh: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/15668207

And believe it or not, but for people who don't really give a fuck about NUFC, the name sticks easily.

Talking to fans of various clubs lately, a lot seem to believe the stadium is called the Sports direct Arena. Another win for Ashley.

Maybe if the "fans" were to destroy his adverts it might help. But that's not part of their big day out now is it.

Have never heard anyone call it the sports direct arena in my life

Clearly bollocks

You ever been outside the north east?

New people I meet in the midlands ask me from time to time if that is still what it is officially called.

It's very much used as a point of ridicule.

I live in the Midlands

No one calls it that. Like literally ever. Bore off

So unnecessarily childish :lol:

You're talking shite though.

:lol: Moron

Sometimes, you might have to accept that some people are telling the truth.

I think he's just discovered the word isn't just the standard response to the question "would baby like some sugar on his cereal?"

Seriously though, is it that absurd to think that some people, in a country of over 60m, heard about the name change [done specifically for commercial purposes] but didn't hear the news that it had been reversed [bad commercial coverage].

Every fan must want Ashley gone, but season ticket holders and fans who give him money are keeping him here for the long term, to the detriment of the club. A near empty stadium every other week and something has to give. The lost revenue, the adverse publicity for sponsors and the league itself, the no doubt poor performances with nobody to support the team, leaves Ashley needing to do something. But there's literally zero chance of it happening so we'll continue to be a toy for the fat cunt to play around with. He's not going anywhere for a long time.

NUFC have now fully embraced the Sunderland AFC Premier League mission statement. Circle the drain every season with the sole ambition to remain in the league, with a mid table finish being seen as a highly successful season. Employ journeyman managers, secure key players season after season on loan deals and now give away match tickets to make the stadium look full.

NUFC have now fully embraced the Sunderland AFC Premier League mission statement. Circle the drain every season with the sole ambition to remain in the league, with a mid table finish being seen as a highly successful season. Employ journeyman managers, secure key players season after season on loan deals and now give away match tickets to make the stadium look full.

:thup:

Free Ticket Mags. Do we know how many there are being given away?

:thup:

Free Ticket Mags. Do we know how many there are being given away?

10k :lol: