Greatest Premier League XI

Schmeichel

Neville Kompany Terry  Cole

Ronaldo  Scholes Vieira  Giggs

Shearer  Henry

I'll probably change about half the team if you asked me again in an hours time but I'll put that up there to debate

Schmeichel

Shearer  Henry

I'll probably change about half the team if you asked me again in an hours time but I'll put that up there to debate

I'd probably only change Lampard for Scholes with that, there is an argument for Van Dijk over Kompany too, but he hasn't had the longevity yet, and potentially Aguero over Henry as an out and out striker.

Schmeichel

Shearer  Henry

Can’t really argue with this, possibly Adams in for Terry and I’m thinking there must have been a better right back than Neville but can’t really think of anyone :lol:

Schmeichel

Shearer  Henry

Aye something like that. I usually put Sol Campbell in mine but it’s a total toss up.

Guess it’s getting close to KdB/Salah being midfield picks too.

Schmeichel

Shearer  Henry

I'd probably move Ronaldo to lm and swap giggs for peak Salah. Might be way off but I think I missed the giggs years.

Centre half is a total toss up with Bruce, Pallister, Adams,  Campbell, Ferdinand, Terry, Carvalho, Kompany all in with a decent shout. I have no doubt in a few years we'll be talking about VvD and Dias too.

It gets trickier as time goes on and the game evolves. Back in the 90s you wanted players for a flat 4-4-2. Now you need those who are better with the ball at their feet and can play between the lines. The better sides tend to benefit from having wing backs rather than full backs, even if they don't play a back three. The likes of Silva wouldn't have got a look in back in the day, but he absolutely should be in the conversation.

Schmeichel

Shearer  Henry

To be contrary

Cech

Zabaleta - Campbell - Ferdinand - Evra

Beckham - Keane - Fabregas - D. Silva

Rooney - Aguero

Centre half is a total toss up with Bruce, Pallister, Adams,  Campbell, Ferdinand, Terry, Carvalho, Kompany all in with a decent shout. I have no doubt in a few years we'll be talking about VvD and Dias too.

Vidic too

Vidic too

I guess he should be in the conversation, I thought he was carried by Ferdinand a fair bit and really struggled against anyone with a bit of pace.

Vidic too

I guess he should be in the conversation, I thought he was carried by Ferdinand a fair bit and really struggled against anyone with a bit of pace.

Stam should be on there. Helped change Man Utd from simply being the best team in England to the best in Europe.