Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Actually quite good to see the media move behind giving the league a kick up the arse for the way they’ve treated us as fans.

They’ve come out of this looking absolutely weak as piss. BeIN shouldn’t have had half the say and influence they have done and these tests have been wrongly used as moral rather than financial checks.

I think the premier league have boxed themselves into a corner with this decision. They’ve huge political pressure to deny the saudis but I think they know that Ashley/PIF will rinse them in court should they bow to said pressure.

Actually quite good to see the media move behind giving the league a kick up the arse for the way they’ve treated us as fans.

They’ve come out of this looking absolutely weak as piss. BeIN shouldn’t have had half the say and influence they have done and these tests have been wrongly used as moral rather than financial checks.

I think the premier league have boxed themselves into a corner with this decision. They’ve huge political pressure to deny the saudis but I think they know that Ashley/PIF will rinse them in court should they bow to said pressure.

The political pressure will be to approve it from the government such as Dominic Raab. Some silly SNP MP isn't going to make a difference.

Definitely not a moral check been carried out that's for sure, or this was dead in the water the moment it was put forward.

They've prioritised their IP and money seemingly, hardly a shock.

Absolutely disgusting that NUST is letting its members and other fans know it has a dialogue with the Premier League on behalf of its members. Absolutely disgusting decision to keep this dialogue open and look to build a better platform with the PL to stand up for fans. Disgusting that NUST wants to act professionally and build that dialogue further for the betterment of fans going forward in the long term rather than just as a PR exercise.

Of course it would have been much better to just release the letter it sent as a PR exercise and make NUFC twitter happy, and not get a response from the CEO of the Premier League, and not build a relationship for future dialogue with the top man at the Premier League.

I'll be honest mate, I preferred you when you were on Geordie Shore, I really did.

Absolutely disgusting that NUST is letting its members and other fans know it has a dialogue with the Premier League on behalf of its members. Absolutely disgusting decision to keep this dialogue open and look to build a better platform with the PL to stand up for fans. Disgusting that NUST wants to act professionally and build that dialogue further for the betterment of fans going forward in the long term rather than just as a PR exercise.

Of course it would have been much better to just release the letter it sent as a PR exercise and make NUFC twitter happy, and not get a response from the CEO of the Premier League, and not build a relationship for future dialogue with the top man at the Premier League.

I'll be honest mate, I preferred you when you were on Geordie Shore, I really did.

THE Geordie Steve?

I can't get my head around the SNP weighing in on this, the tone of his questions as well just made you want to slap him. Seems to be the way with all politicians these days, a total lack of respect for anybody.

Fair enough if it's the Scots league Saudi want to invest in, but it aint, and his crowd all want independence anyway. Seemingly it turns out that Scotland and in particular this MP have close ties to Qatar, colour me surprised the pretentious twat.

I can't get my head around the SNP weighing in on this, the tone of his questions as well just made you want to slap him. Seems to be the way with all politicians these days, a total lack of respect for anybody.

Fair enough if it's the Scots league Saudi want to invest in, but it aint, and his crowd all want independence anyway. Seemingly it turns out that Scotland and in particular this MP have close ties to Qatar, colour me surprised the pretentious twat.

That's how all SNP politicians sound - arrogant, condescending with a sprinkling of bitterness. It's nothing unique in this situation.

Guest reefatoon

Yep, Nicolson wasn’t remotely interested in any replies as long as he got the points over for whoever wanted him to (make sure you mention that it was little pieces he was chopped up into too for that added bonus)

THE Geordie Steve?

Only if you ignore the other 709

They’ve come out of this looking absolutely weak as p*ss. BeIN shouldn’t have had half the say and influence they have done and these tests have been wrongly used as moral rather than financial checks.

Definitely not a moral check been carried out that's for sure, or this was dead in the water the moment it was put forward.

They've prioritised their IP and money seemingly, hardly a shock.

In my view the problem Masters has is that last time the rules were updated they didn't foresee a situation like this where there would be a potential takeover which by all accounts is unpopular with a lot of member clubs (boohoo) and more importantly one of the league's biggest sponsors. He surely wants to reject it but there's no written rule saying that takeovers can be vetoed by a broadcasting partner. So they'll keep digging away with the piracy until  either they've got enough to reject or time itself has cone to an end.

But yes, even he knows that rightly or wrongly the PL can't reject on moral grounds

Guest Carrick18

Can I ask, are all members made aware of the contents or just the senior members?

I don't blame for you trying to open a formal dialogue with the league, I'm just curious how those type of things work in a fans group.

Can I ask, are all members made aware of the contents or just the senior members?

I don't blame for you trying to open a formal dialogue with the league, I'm just curious how those type of things work in what is a fans group.

Just the executive board members not the plebs.

Guest godzilla

I don't blame for you trying to open a formal dialogue with the league, I'm just curious how those type of things work in what is a fans group.

Just be a courteous reply I would have thought similar to the Kashogi fiance received. He stated today that the matter was confidential so be absolutely gobsmacked if it was anything else.

I would imagine his response would have been just simply an acknowledgement of receiving their letter, at best it would have like what Hastice got where he says he can’t comment on the takeover, but has acknowledged theirs views.

Just be a courteous reply I would have thought similar to the Kashogi fiance received. He stated today that the matter was confidential so be absolutely gobsmacked if it was anything else.

This your not missing out on anything I would suggest, just a bog standard holding reply saying their views will be taken on board.

Joke aside though think they’re doing the right thing keeping it private, all opponents of the deal have leaked letters to press, shows a bit of respect and will give them credibility with PL for any future dealings.

I don't blame for you trying to open a formal dialogue with the league, I'm just curious how those type of things work in a fans group.

Just the board at this stage, it may be released at a later date.