Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

He is just too quick that he needs a lot of experience to iron out his finishing moves. Most of the time he has “overdone” himself where he should pass or shoot a few steps earlier

Unbelievable talent

The comparisons with Jonas are pretty shit tbh, agree with the others who are pointing this out. ASM is far more of a direct threat.

I wouldn't really compare him with HBA either. Hatem was actually genuine quality in the final third. If he was getting on the end of those chances Maximin is getting, he would be burying them no doubt. The only reason he never became a great player was his attitude.

I barely watched anything but I love seeing him with the ball at feet. His end product and decision making is clearly not there and it’s questionable whether it ever will be, but he wouldn’t be here if it was

Absolutely this. Got bags of pace and ability but nee brain to pick the right pass, cross or finish. if or when he does he will be playing for a champions league team.

Can't think of any previous Newcastle player to compare him too, comparisons to Jonas and HBA seem equally wide of the mark for completely different reasons.

The only player I see like him is Traore although ASM is even trickier and potentially better.

Don’t think there’s much wrong with his decision making to be honest. From what I’ve seen he knows when to release the ball, knows when to run with the ball. His end product could improve but his decision making is what’s pleasantly surprised me. I was expecting him to look lively but run down blind alleys, shoot when he should pass, etc but I think he’s been sound there.

Could soon, if not already, suffer from the HBA-condition that he's running with the ball, has no options, tries to do it all by himself, fails thus fall subject to criticism due to the ineptitude of the manager and/or team because it was him that lost the ball.

Could soon, if not already, suffer from the HBA-condition that he's running with the ball, has no options, tries to do it all by himself, fails thus fall subject to criticism due to the ineptitude of the manager and/or team because it was him that lost the ball.

Players that try to attack get all the stick while the Colbacks of the world get called solid.

Guest reefatoon

Sorry, but you can’t blame anyone else for missing those howling sitters. You have to finish one on ones when you have that much time through on goal. Finishing was fucking shite and he will need to work on it.

The comparisons with Jonas are pretty shit tbh, agree with the others who are pointing this out. ASM is far more of a direct threat.

I wouldn't really compare him with HBA either. Hatem was actually genuine quality in the final third. If he was getting on the end of those chances Maximin is getting, he would be burying them no doubt. The only reason he never became a great player was his attitude.

Tbf Hatem might have missed clean through like ASM did the other day...if he tried to take it round the keeper, twice. He was in a different league to this boy in terms of ability and end product.

Comparisons to HBA are wide of the mark as HBA was smashing them into the top corner for 25 yards from his first game. ASM is too much of an unfinished article, and I don't think he will become a top player as he does lack that clinical edge, but I hope he proves me wrong. Certainly won't be improving under this oaf of a manager.

Sorry, but you can’t blame anyone else for missing those howling sitters. You have to finish one on ones when you have that much time through on goal. Finishing was fucking shite and he will need to work on it.

This