Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

I think he looks excellent. Always wanting to attack and take a man on, we've missed that for a while.

If he can stay fit I think he'll be instrumental in keeping us up. Hopefully in time he'll develop a bit better understanding with joelinton too.

His decision making surprised me yesterday like, especially in the build up to the goal. Expected him to be an Obertan type, head down and run, but his forward passing in general looked surprisingly incisive.

His decision making surprised me yesterday like, especially in the build up to the goal. Expected him to be an Obertan type, head down and run, but his forward passing in general looked surprisingly incisive.

I think he's similar to HBA, he can spot a pass if the player makes a good run, but unless he trusts the player to actually do something with it, he might decide he's better going for it himself.

Agree with this. After signing him and looking at his youtube videos I thought he would be overdoing things and running into blind alleys a lot, but he's actually shown so far that he is very good at releasing the ball at the right time.

Agree with this. After signing him and looking at his youtube videos I thought he would be overdoing things and running into blind alleys a lot, but he's actually shown so far that he is very good at releasing the ball at the right time.

The guy looked exciting on those youtube clips man, but peopel always prefer to castigate players we sign. Cannot believe anyone watched that and thought ... Gabriel Obertan.

But then again someone else was saying at the time that he looked no better than Atsu or a dog chasing a balloon.

Same stuff every single time.

I too thought he was excellent, there was twice though that I was tearing my hair out wanting him to pass.

Far better to have a maverick that makes things happen but frustrates, than having a nothing winger who doesn't contribute whatsoever to our attacking play.

• 3 weeks later...