The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Koper 3 - 0 Din. Zagreb latest score

They were 5-1 down after the 1st leg. Zagreb made a big mistake selling the lad who scored a hatrick in the 1st games.

About 10 mins to go, Zagreb down to 10. Should be frantic. Well I am off to Iraq O0

Champions League qualifiers tonight. Kaizero, I've always just assumed that your team in Norway is Rosenborg, is this correct? If so, we may well be up for a Scandinavian and N-O derby in the next qualification round  :knuppel2:

It's on Towelie, it's so on. :knuppel2:

Was too close to comfort getting through, mind. If this is how Rosenborg'll play in Europe I'm really nervous. :lol: I'm right in thinking that whoever lose at this stage will get into the EL qualifiers, or?

Was too close to comfort getting through, mind. If this is how Rosenborg'll play in Europe I'm really nervous. :lol: I'm right in thinking that whoever lose at this stage will get into the EL qualifiers, or?

I'm guessing you haven't seen us play this season :laugh: We're fucking shit, and it was even worse in these two legs. Mind, we did play excellent against Malmö, one of the top teams, in the first league game after the WC, and with a new manager. Reckon it's at least 60-40 in your advantage.

Not sure if you go straight into Europa League or if you have to qualify.

Women's soccer is f***ing abysmal.

I hope the U.S. is prepared to be comprehensively defeated by Nigeria's Super Falconets. I look forward to savouring this.

I watched a disturbingly high amount of the first group matches on Supersport 3 last week. It's significantly more watchable than woman's basketball or men's baseball and golf anyway. It's still football. Charlyn Corral of Mexico has been my favourite player to this point. I feel like she is carrying far too much weight to be a top level player, but she is a little midfield maestro.

I'm guessing you haven't seen us play this season :laugh: We're fucking shit, and it was even worse in these two legs. Mind, we did play excellent against Malmö, one of the top teams, in the first league game after the WC, and with a new manager. Reckon it's at least 60-40 in your advantage.

Not sure if you go straight into Europa League or if you have to qualify.

Haven't been keeping up with Allsvenskan this season, no. :razz: And our main problem is that we're very toothless in front of goal, we've been huffing and puffing in almost all our recent games but still only get one or two in. Though, much of it could be down to Rade Prica being out with an injury as the attack is very dependent, too dependent on his presence up front. He's back now though, which was very noticable against Linfield. Also, with Skjelbred actually looking like himself after the return of Nils Arne Eggen as manager, the link-up play is fan-fucking tastic. I see the main issue being Morten Moldskred being absolute cack up front alongside Prica, though, and the attack will suffer until the day Eggen decides to drop Moldskred for Olsen and push Iversen up alongside Prica. The goals have came on request whenever that formation have been played, it bugs me to no end that they won't stick with it seeing how successful it's been when used. (Not that the names should mean anything to you, I just wanted to rant. :lol:)

Though all that don't matter when the ball won't go into the net regardless. This is the best time so far this season for you to play us with our best players just returning from injury. I think you'll edge it at home and the decisive match will be at Lerkendal where it will all depend on if Prica is fit or not. :undecided:

This is possibly the worst time for you to play us like. Still in a bit of honeymoon period with our new manager, and at least against Swedish opposition, we've looked ten times the side we did before the world cup (going from two games, one cup game which we lost on penalties and one league game, both against the top two sides in the league at home).

I really like the new 4-1-4-1 formation that we're using, and our new Icelandic defensive midfielder looks a brilliant signing so far, protects the back four very well. We're still struggling for goals though, which I think will cost us.

Can't wait for the games though, would be incredible if we could somehow get into the Champions League again, last time I was 11 years old, but it was still an amazing experience watching Barcelona, Arsenal and Fiorentina play here :aww:

Remember when Madrid won 0-1 at your turf, you gave them quite a game :thup:

And when you won 2-0 of course :lol:, but that feels like a century ago.

Must be on about Rosenborg now, as I don't think we've ever played Real Madrid?

Do you remember the games against AIK? We played you in the cup-winners-cup in '97 I think, and then again in the Champions League in '99. Only got vague memories of us playing against eachother in the cup winners cup, but our home tie in the Champions League, I'll never forget. We were 1-0 up after a beautiful chipped goal and then you equalised on a corner, when we were half way into making a substitution and none of our players were ready for the ball to be played. Even though you went on to win the game 2-1, it's one of my biggest moments in football that game.