Forum Service Issues and Updates

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A bit of a controversial suggestion, but I reckon gifs should be banned from sigs and avatars, or at least images over a certain size. Its so annoying waiting for a page to load because theres about 10 gifs on it, especially if you're loading things in other tabs (i.e. video content etc on match days). People even have them in their sigs AND avatars, just ridiculous, there is nothing wrong with having a still image as an avatar.

A bit of a controversial suggestion, but I reckon gifs should be banned from sigs and avatars, or at least images over a certain size. Its so annoying waiting for a page to load because theres about 10 gifs on it, especially if you're loading things in other tabs (i.e. video content etc on match days). People even have them in their sigs AND avatars, just ridiculous, there is nothing wrong with having a still image as an avatar.

Look at the forum thru black and white eyes like the best of us.

Nothing wrong with you turning off avatars and sigs in your account settings either if it bothers you that much. Or getting a better connection, who the hell waits for anything to load these days? :lol: (If you're on a smart phone, just start using the WAP version of the forum instead of the full scale one.)

You'd (possibly) never have seen bouncing Scarlett if gifs were banned, think about that. THINK ABOUT THAT.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Kaizero/bab17ee147a8.gif

Matter of fact, time for a comeback tbh. At least until Decky the dial-up nazi gets his way. :huff:

Any idea why imageshack pics don't work for me? All I'm seeing are frozen frogs.  ???

I want some of whatever you're on.

I was being serious.  :shifty:

And now the frogs are gone. I miss them.  :weep:

Nothing wrong with you turning off avatars and sigs in your account settings either if it bothers you that much. Or getting a better connection, who the hell waits for anything to load these days? :lol: (If you're on a smart phone, just start using the WAP version of the forum instead of the full scale one.)

I live in the countryside. I also shouldnt have to hide ALL avatars because of a select few. Ive opted for the adblock option.

• 2 weeks later...