Gateshead FC

geordiedean

The stadium is just a massive problem, awful place to go and watch football.

Even if it was a tiny ground with one stand and the rest terrace, it would be theirs and they could at least build a culture.

Stadium is gash. Used to watch Gateshead quite a bit when I was 16-17, and it's just a crap place to watch football.

All stadiums with a track are wank tbh.

Even if it was a tiny ground with one stand and the rest terrace, it would be theirs and they could at least build a culture.

This is it. Massive shame there was nothing the council could do to help a couple of years ago. Surely Gateshead could do with a new business park they could bolt onto a new stadium...

Can they not allow standing around pitchside? Not sure if it’s allowed at National League/NL North level like.

It is allowed, Bromley have 3 sides standing, including bits where it’s literally just a metal rail separating you from the pitch.

They’ve just built a big new stand actually, so they must be doing alright. There’s a 5 a-side centre thing and a Nuffield gym on the same site, so maybe they get some money from them.

This is it. Massive shame there was nothing the council could do to help a couple of years ago. Surely Gateshead could do with a new business park they could bolt onto a new stadium...

Totally agree with this - lot of National League clubs have done this already and it's a good way to ensure a bit of sustainability for the club and surrounding area. Question is where in Gateshead could this be?

Williamson was an indictment of Ashley's NUFC, but I'm stoked for him to get the player-manager gig. It's horrible seeing clubs fall over no matter where they are in the world, and even though he was shite for us, I hope Williamson does some great work at The Heed.

Hopefully they can rebuild and the majority of the squad who were there last season can stay, whilst their aim will be promotion back to the National League, given all the troubles I'd say a good season for them would be consolidation of the club off the field and a steady mid-table finish in the NLN.

Williamson was an indictment of Ashley's NUFC, but I'm stoked for him to get the player-manager gig. It's horrible seeing clubs fall over no matter where they are in the world, and even though he was shite for us, I hope Williamson does some great work at The Heed.

I'd say limited rather than shite. Wasn't his fault he ended up first choice and he always tried at least. Those fucking set penises still give me nightmares though, hasn't worked the last hundred times, this'll be the one lads.

Are they still at the International Stadium ?

aye and they don't earn any money on refreshments etc. they tried to get a new ground near the civic centre but fell through under one of the previous owners. to progress they need a new ground in the town.

Are they still at the International Stadium ?

aye and they don't earn any money on refreshments etc. they tried to get a new ground near the civic centre but fell through under one of the previous owners. to progress they need a new ground in the town.

Even with Gatesheads presumably limited funds, surely there must be a better stadium in the area than the International stadium!? Never been there myself but looks horrible (google pics) for a football stadium.

Also a friendly with Hebburn Town (who very kindly them use of their facilities) when they were kicked out the GIS. Good to see them give them something back.

Yeah quality - should be a cracking crowd that!