Henri Saivet (now a free agent)

lovejoy

• 6 months later...

Another Steve cunting McLaren signing, wasn’t he?

You honestly think Steve McClaren identified Saivet as a player he wanted and NUFC went out and bought him off the back of McClaren's recommendation?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/henri-saivet-confirms-hes-close-15034320

Henri Saivet confirms he's close to leaving Newcastle on loan - as United move on another big earner

Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez made it clear to Henri Saivet that the midfielder was not part of his first-team plans

By Chris Waugh NUFC Writer

17:14, 15 AUG 2018

Newcastle United midfielder Henri Saivet is close to joining Bursaspor on a season-long loan deal.

The 27-year-old Senegal international still has three years remaining on his United contract, but he looks set to spend the 2018/19 campaign back in Turkey following a loan spell at Sivasspor during the first half of the year.

Although the Premier League transfer window closed last Thursday, most markets around Europe are open until the end of the month - while EFL clubs can also loan players until August 31.

As a result, Newcastle have been actively offering Saivet to clubs across the Continent in the hope they can offload a big earner - the midfielder is believed to be on around £35,000 a week - who is surplus to requirements.

Whether Bursaspor are paying Saivet’s salary in full remains to be seen, but United have been forced to partly subsidise unwanted players’ wages over the past two seasons in order to send them out on loan.

Saivet, who made only one league appearance for United over the course of the past two campaigns, is not considered part of Rafa Benitez’s Newcastle first-team plans and admits he must head out on loan in an attempt to reinvigorate his career.

“I am very happy that I came to Bursaspor, and it was very important for me to be transferred here for my career,” Saivet told BeIN Sport Turkey.

“I will be training with the team after the health check tomorrow. We worked together too, and hopefully everything will be fine.”

Didn't the chairman of nice slate his attitude or something, there's probably bigger question marks over his desire to play every week  rather than how good he is

He did. I like how Rafa doesn't take the problem to the players when he wants rid. He takes it to the agents who know their assets arent generating any value, or likely to, so it makes them sort players futures out as it is in the agents best interest to move them on in order to maximise the players earning potential.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Haven't read the article, but the evening clickbait seem to be proposing him as the answer to our number 10 problems now Perez has gone. Grim.

The spin from those cunts at the chron has been absolutely shameful this summer. Fucking disgusting.

Ryder & co must honestly sit at their desks day-to-day working out something, anything, they can write about so they can show their bosses they're actually doing something. I assume the clickbait headline was something like "Could this man be the answer to Newcastle's no.10 position now Perez has left?"

• 1 month later...