DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

Guest reefatoon

Assuming he signs, why don't people just see how he does under the tutorship of a fantastic manager before writing him before he's even kicked a ball.

Have to agree here like. It's very tiring reading constant complaining about every signing before it happens.

Assuming he signs, why don't people just see how he does under the tutorship of a fantastic manager before writing him before he's even kicked a ball.

Have to agree here like. It's very tiring reading constant complaining about every signing before it happens.

This.

Howay man. Yes, we will see how he does, yada yada yada, but this is a forum ffs, we're here to discuss what we do (or do not) know.

This.

:thup: evidently the lad has pace to burn and presumably can handle the physical aspects of the game so let's see what Rafa can get out of him, he knows a thing or two about defending I'm told

Guest reefatoon

It was the exact same thing with Townsend, he was absolutely rinsed before he signed and he turned out canny for the time he was here. Just need to see how these signings come into the team and perform before we slag the f*** out of them.

That doesn't change anything though. People thought he was shit at that time. Some people probably still do, some people will have changed their minds. That doesn't mean we just calmly say HI to each new signing rather than actually discussing what we know about them at this point in time. His career to date doesn't just become null, it is perfectly relevant.

Guest reefatoon

In all fairness Semtex, you have pissed and moaned your whole way through the summer, so was expecting it from you. Just the amount of negative comments about a player before he even plays is crazy.

This.

Howay man. Yes, we will see how he does, yada yada yada, but this is a forum ffs, we're here to discuss what we do (or do not) know.

People writing this lad off when they've only seen a few performances from him in a w*** mackems team, I'm all up for a debate but lets just try to keep it reasonable.

Hanley, Clark, Judge & Yedlin have all been written off by people on here who claim to have watched every football match ever in the world, when in reality they have very little knowledge of those players and should wait until they play a few games for us.

Janmaat was absolutely dogshit for us for a good period of time and we currently have Anita playing RB, don't see how this cannot be positive for us.

In all fairness Semtex, you have pissed and moaned your whole way through the summer, so was expecting it from you. Just the amount of negative comments about a player before he even plays is crazy.

I am pretty mental like, being displeased at getting relegated.

S'alright though, cos we've got Rafa. Yay Mike.

This.

People writing this lad off when they've only seen a few performances from him in a wank mackems team, I'm all up for a debate but lets just try to keep it reasonable.

Hanley, Clark, Judge & Yedlin have all been written off by people on here who claim to have watched every football match ever in the world, when in reality they have very little knowledge if those players and should wait until they play a few games for us.

Janmaat was absolutely dogshit for us for a good period of time and we currently have Anita playing RB, don't see how this cannot be positive for us.

But it's not necessarily the same people writing off these players? I've said fuck all about the rest of them because I don't know nearly enough to.... JUDGE them. HAhah.

But Yedlin is shit. Unless the opposition don't realise he's rapid. Like at the world cup. Maybe he'll come good. But up to now, shit.

Guest reefatoon

In all fairness Semtex, you have p*ssed and moaned your whole way through the summer, so was expecting it from you. Just the amount of negative comments about a player before he even plays is crazy.

Well if you can't get onboard when we have someone like Rafa in charge then it isn't going to happen is it, so best just twist about every little thing NUFC related, if it makes you feel better.

Current Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeAndre_Yedlin

DeAndre Yedlin

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DeAndre Yedlin

DeAndre Roselle Yedlin (born July 9, 1993) is an American professional football player who currently plays for Newcastle United. Primarily a right back, Yedlin has also featured as a wingback and wide midfielder. He represented the United States at the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Sunderland wanted to sign him but he chose Newcastle instead, even though they are currently in the championship....but that's none of my business.

:lol:

edit: meh, beaten to it.

In all fairness Semtex, you have p*ssed and moaned your whole way through the summer, so was expecting it from you. Just the amount of negative comments about a player before he even plays is crazy.

Well if you can't get onboard when we have someone like Rafa in charge then it isn't going to happen is it, so best just twist about every little thing NUFC related, if it makes you feel better.

:lol: aye, I've twisted being relegated to seem like a negative. My bad.

From Wikipedia:

Sunderland wanted to sign him but he chose Newcastle instead, even though they are currently in the championship....but that's none of my business.

[emoji38]

Even if he flops, making mackems angry is worth the 5m

Guest reefatoon

:lol: aye, I've twisted being relegated to seem like a negative. My bad.

Everyone was pissed off about the relegation, but you have just carried it on into every little thing the club have done since. There has been a moan and groan on every little thread, just gets a little tiring to read.

As much as I believe that post to be nonsense, given I barely even post about football, you don't have to read it if you don't want, marra.

(and nah, people weren't nearly pissed off enough about us being relegated)

Guest reefatoon

But damn, when you do post, it's some depressing s***.

Regarding the relegation, are you going to have a cob on about it for months? It's happened just get on with it.

This.

People writing this lad off when they've only seen a few performances from him in a w*** mackems team, I'm all up for a debate but lets just try to keep it reasonable.

Hanley, Clark, Judge & Yedlin have all been written off by people on here who claim to have watched every football match ever in the world, when in reality they have very little knowledge of those players and should wait until they play a few games for us.

I've got nothing else to use to form an opinion of him though. He looked average or poor each time I saw him last season, hopefully he signs and he's quality but at the minute it doesn't strike me as any sort of upgrade, maybe about like for like. His pace and energy would be of great use to us but he's going to have to defend well too. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with people being negative or positive on any potential signing. There will be times when we are proved wrong and sometimes right. I was very negative on Gayle, but the last couple of games have shut me up.  I was one of the few that were positive about Townsend before he signed. In the end it's a big crap shoot, right now I'm just thankful that we have someone other than just Graham Carr overseeing our transfers.

Interesting comments from the mackems (who hate everything and everyone at the minute) on Ready to Groom.

If the maggots sign him (as reported in the echo on line) and we are left with Love and Jones at the end of the window, I think Moyes might just as well just empty his desk on September 1st

I would be disappointed if he went there, he would improve our current team and wouldn't cost the earth.

No excuse for us not to be in for him, unless Moyes doesn't fancy him

He'd have been much more useful than McNair in those first two games for the same outlay and we wouldn't have had to endure Love starting games.

I'd have happily taken him back for the position Love is in now, a "promising" right back as back up to our main RB - although Love so far appears massively inferior to Yedlin. The main problem is that we haven't signed that main RB yet.