Fulham 0-4 Newcastle United - 12/05/19 - post match from pg8 onwards

BlueStar

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/48113321

Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez: "It was a great game. The early goal helped us a bit when they were pressing. We had the experience on the counter attack. The third goal killed the game. Credit to them because they were pushing then.

"I am really proud of this group of players and the fans were amazing as well. "Finish 13th is important for everyone. It is a good position and I am really pleased.

"Now is the time to enjoy and the fans go back happy. I am really proud. This group of players, even in bad times, never had their heads down they were still believing and working hard."

On his own future: "I said before that I have seen the potential but now is the time to enjoy."

Managed to get a couple of tickets in the away end. Yesterday and today on the drink with wor lass, match awesome, thought Shelvey stood out as particularly awesome amongst a generally awesome bunch of performances. Hope to God that this isn't another feeling of false optimism like after we humped Chelsea at the end of last season.