Federico Fernández (now playing for Elche)

sempuki

This fucking club man!  :tickedoff:

Probably haven't started talks cos they were thinking in the back of their mind that it wouldn't be their problem since they were selling the club to the tyre kickers/imaginary buyers.

No doubt Big Mike will be 'flying back in to the country' to save the day himself and manually get involved in the running of the club which he says he has nothing to do with.

BULLSHITTERS the lot of them!!

Honestly there is no reason to get rid of any of the CBs, it's the upgrading at fullback, center mid, wingers and attack. IE, rest of pitch.

Not sure like. If 3 centre-backs is the preference, we suffer massively when Lejeune & Schar aren’t in it. I’d keep Fernandez to push Lascelles for the central role, but we need one or two who are comfortable in possession like those two are.

Might sound harsh but I’d sell Clark and sign an upgrade.

Lascelles/Fernandez

Schar/Lejeune/new ball playing CB

Dummett in an emergency. Ideally he would be replaced with a CB similar to Fernandez who’s a good defender and comfortable on the ball, without being particularly a ball-playing centre-back.

How many CBs would we need in the squad then?

5 to 6 depending on how you set up, the 5th player if you play 2 at CB's should a young un, 6th if you play 3 at CB.

That's called having a squad cover, not something we usually do  :lol:

Might sound harsh but I’d sell Clark and sign an upgrade.

Lascelles/Fernandez

Schar/Lejeune/new ball playing CB

Dummett in an emergency. Ideally he would be replaced with a CB similar to Fernandez who’s a good defender and comfortable on the ball, without being particularly a ball-playing centre-back.

Come on now, we can't (or even should be trying to) find an upgrade on Clark that would be happy to be 5th choice CB. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest godzilla

One year extension signed.

This is what should have happened with Shelvey and Ritchie also instead of the crazy 3 year contracts.

This is what should have happened with Shelvey and Ritchie also instead of the crazy 3 year contracts.

Or could have just let them go and bought replacements.

Guest godzilla

Yeah would have been the preferred option I agree, unfortunately under fat Mike he always takes the easy no sense option.

They probably didn't have that option in their contracts

Yeah would have been the preferred option I agree, unfortunately under fat Mike he always takes the easy no sense option.

tbf, even one year extensions could be justified if they were considered squad players, but we are clearly giving 3 year contracts on the basis they might just be good enough to get us just clear of the relegation spots for another season or two.

Canny player.  Plays with his head up and always thinking.

Got a bit of edge to his game as well, strikes me as captaincy material. Really liked his attitude from day one.