Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

funny how there's an LMA yet they never say or do anything about cuntish owners, should be telling all their members not to touch cunts like ashley with a bargepole but i guess the majority of them are PFM's that love money

League managers have it pretty good in the top leagues.  Why rock the boat. Look at the plonkers who keep getting high paid jobs.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rodgers is basically Pardew but with a decent football philosophy in terms of style and trying to get a team to play to that style. He’s a con man though in terms of his character and persona, it’s all a confidence trick. And once the trick wears off... they have nothing left. I prefer genuine people who don’t need to create an illusion or have to trick people to get them to follow their ideas.

KK was a great salesman as we all know, but he was never false. If he told Rob Lee you are good enough to play for England and will play for England it was because that’s what he believed and imagine Rob Lee when that happened, well he has said many a time since that KK saw something in him and helped get it out of him that no other manager did or could, coach or even he himself ever could.

If KK thought you were shit...

It’s no coincidence Pardew kept Shola around and KK tried to get rid of him. I’m no hater of Shola but Pardew needs players like that around because they would never question his bull shit and because they are crap he can peddle his bull shit patter to them and have them eating out of his hands.

Rodgers is like a good Pardew if that’s possible, and has some good aspects to his management and coaching, but it’s built on the same kind of bull shit and will wear thin eventually. Especially among better players and players who are not thick as fuck.

That Liverpool side that went close was a joy to watch though and I know many a Red who regarded that season as their best ever in the PL era in terms of how they played, even including what Klopp is doing now. Personally I thought Roy Evans’ Liverpool were better to watch of any Liverpool side I’ve seen.

Why would Rodgers come here anyway, he would have much better offers I’d imagine.

The buzz when Rafa arrived was because we all thought that Ashley had changed his ways and he was going to run the club like it should be and Rafa would never have joined us if certain promises had not been made

At the time, I'm pretty sure Gayle and Ritchie were top ten (top five?) highest ever transfer fees for a club in the Championship. The net spend was still minus of course thanks to Gini and Sissoko, but you'd have a hard job convincing any neutral that we scraped our way back up into the PL. The revert to bare minimum scraping has been following promotion. Instead of us kicking on, the war chest has been firmly locked and chained with the parachute and TV money inside.

Not quite getting the level of dislike of Rodgers.

Must have missed some of his alleged cuntery if he is being likened to the king of the Rat faced weasels Pardew.

Not a chance in hell of him leaving Celtic to join the shitshow that is NUFC imo.

If he comes back it's for a more stable PL club than us.

The buzz when Rafa arrived was because we all thought that Ashley had changed his ways and he was going to run the club like it should be and Rafa would never have joined us if certain promises had not been made

I risk hindsight thinking when I say that people were mental to think that.

I risk hindsight thinking when I say that people were mental to think that.

Well I bought it, seemed logical at the time, but with that hindsight I was definitely duped.

I think that moment was the one that stripped away the last illusions of Ashley's intentions towards the club.

Imagine hitting the jackpot, hiring a world class manager. Then not doing a single thing to back him.

How anyone in St James cannot see through Ashley beggars the mind.

I think that moment was the one that stripped away the last illusions of Ashley's intentions towards the club.

Imagine hitting the jackpot, hiring a world class manager. Then not doing a single thing to back him.

How anyone in St James cannot see through Ashley beggars the mind.

support the teeeeem not the regiiiiiiime m8

99% certain it's just some tit misreading the latest possible news and started a mass panic over lunchtime, but it seemed to have spread quite quickly.

Tbh it's died off as quick as it started so I'm guessing it's just that.