Football governance

Nobody

When fans complain about XYZ one standard response is Football isn't just a game its a business now.

How come the rules on monopolies and fair competition, can then conveniently be side stepped by the Governing bodies  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure they'd be begging to rejoin like. A lot of the fans would lose interest because some clubs that dominated or did well in their country would become the dog s*** of the league, but they'd be extremely well compensated for it. The money would be insane. The league we'd be left in would be making f*** all and clubs would be feeling immense strain from that loss of finances. Take the top 5 or 6 out. The rest of of us would be earning Championship money if not less without the draw of the PL.

Winning the league would mean f*** all as well. Lets say we won that league, are we champions of England when clubs in Manchester, Liverpool and London are in the super league with some of the worlds best players in their squad? Not a hope, we'd be fake champions of England, the best English teams are in the super league.

Good post, I agree with Decky here.

It maybe ok for those who want to see football return to a pre premier league era but Southampton vs West ham being a big game in said hypothetically situation doesn’t exactly get pulses racing.

Theyd be well compensated for so long till that leagues now bigger teams say "its us the public want to watch, those at the top not you" and then cut them off.

As for Southampton West  Ham not setting pulses racing. Neither would a mid table clash between Spurs and Marseilles in a league I have no interest in.

This is a good point, certain big clubs might not like being the cannonfodder of this new league and may try and rejoin their old leagues. Their global brand would probably suffer as well if they're losing more games than they're winning every season and they aren't challenging for trophies.

But lets say we become one of the top sides in the English league post-split. If Spurs came crawling back would we try and take their place in the Super League? How would we feel about that? Also what if the Super League decided to create their own 3 or 4 tier system and invited us anyway but into League 3 or 4?

tbh when it comes to the super league idea, generally I personally find CL matches between clubs from the same country way more interesting than say Liverpool vs Bayerns etc. Theres just been so frequent matches between the giants in europe in recent years its lost its shine a bit

Not sure they'd be begging to rejoin like. A lot of the fans would lose interest because some clubs that dominated or did well in their country would become the dog s*** of the league, but they'd be extremely well compensated for it. The money would be insane. The league we'd be left in would be making f*** all and clubs would be feeling immense strain from that loss of finances. Take the top 5 or 6 out. The rest of of us would be earning Championship money if not less without the draw of the PL.

Winning the league would mean f*** all as well. Lets say we won that league, are we champions of England when clubs in Manchester, Liverpool and London are in the super league with some of the worlds best players in their squad? Not a hope, we'd be fake champions of England, the best English teams are in the super league.

Good post, I agree with Decky here.

It maybe ok for those who want to see football return to a pre premier league era but Southampton vs West ham being a big game in said hypothetically situation doesn’t exactly get pulses racing.

Theyd be well compensated for so long till that leagues now bigger teams say "its us the public want to watch, those at the top not you" and then cut them off.

As for Southampton West  Ham not setting pulses racing. Neither would a mid table clash between Spurs and Marseilles in a league I have no interest in.

This is a good point, certain big clubs might not like being the cannonfodder of this new league and may try and rejoin their old leagues. Their global brand would probably suffer as well if they're losing more games than they're winning every season and they aren't challenging for trophies.

But lets say we become one of the top sides in the English league post-split. If Spurs came crawling back would we try and take their place in the Super League? How would we feel about that? Also what if the Super League decided to create their own 3 or 4 tier system and invited us anyway but into League 3 or 4?

Nope, I'd stay. I honestly don't see a Euro league like that as being successful in the long run. Many clubs in the champs league have trouble getting crowds for it as it is and the spctale is not just on the pitch. Ask Manchester fans, both sides about the atmosphere in euro games as opposed to league. Sooner or later that lack from the crowd and lack of localness, the chatting to fans of other clubs at work, social gatherings etc will create a disconnect that will sterilise it and kill it eventually.

Genuinely hope they all fuck off and start their super league

I'm under no illusions that the shock factor will be massive, the best talent will be concentrated there along with the investment

But we'd be left with the prospect of re-balancing English football, where any team could (realistically) win the league and challenge for any honour

We'd end up in a better place within a few years

A European super league would be hilarious tbh.

A small league with no promotion and relegation, just playing the same sides season in, season out, will be dull. It's an idea driven by the money paid for broadcasting rights and that'll primarily cater for a TV audience on the other side of the world.

It'd pretty much kill off the concept of away fans. Very, very few people will have the money and time to fly around Europe following their team every other weekend. There'll be families in and around Manchester and Liverpool who have followed their club for generations, spending tens of thousands of pounds in the process.

I think for many of those fans, it'll be the end.

I don't care for the "big six" and the hope of seeing them become completely sterile, their stadiums full of tourists (post-Covid) for something that's purely motivated by corporate greed to benefit a select few would be glorious.

They'd all realise the folly of a Super League within 3 games. "Oh shit we've won Serie A for seven years running and now we're 7th in a 12 team league. We're now Crystal Palace. Atalanta, can we come back please?"

Guest neesy111

Not surprising the EFL clubs would largely welcome it. Why would Colchester and Accrington give a fuck who pulls the Premier League strings?

Yeap.

It's an outrage, imo. Essentially the "big 6" think they're valued so much more highly than anyone else and want to capitalise on that perceived value. They're prepared to trade off 25% of the TV money they see as themselves mainly generating, for less commitment to football in this country as a whole. We'll give you 25% if we have less teams in the PL (meaning there are also less clubs to split the TV money between to begin with), have less games, get rid of the league cup, so we have even less games, and more opportunity to generate revenue outside of the established English game because we are essentially better than the rest of you. And they can fuck off. 3 North West clubs and 3 London clubs want to have control over the Top Tier. Spurs :lol: That great, historic top tier team, Manchester City :lol:

I'd tell them to fuck off and join the European Super league. And replace those 6 in the top tier of English football with 6 teams from the Championship. Fuck it, I'd prefer Celtic and Rangers. Kick them out of the FA cup too. You cant pick and choose you ignorant cunts. You want in? Join in. You want out? Fuck off.

This thing looks dead in the water to me, and Liverpool and Man U have proven themselves to be scumbag clubs.

I can’t quite get over their executives sitting around agreeing that they should get to decide whether another club gets a takeover, it seems like it should illegal.