General press coverage

Optimistic Nut

Corrupted Ashley apologist Samuel has gotten stuck into West Ham's owners in the paper today. Wonder why? Not nice when its your own club i guess but perfectly fine somewhere else.

They've had a £240million net spend, he says, since they took over but the "football is rotten" so a fans revolt is justified.

Dear me.  Imagine having that for 13years, a fraction of the net spend, not trying to move forward and an indefinite future of the same ahead.

This guy is pathetic and pathetic at his job. Sullivan and Gold have missed a trick. For the right price he'd turn a blind eye and even condone whatever grievance they have, if there is one beyond being frationally worse than their 40year average on the field.

*mackems would have you believe there's no such thing as net spend and were the only ones that mention it. Apart from that I wanted to rip the thing up and choke him on it.

difference is I suppose Gold and Sullivan sold west hams home and moved to the soulless olympic stadium with the promise of champions league competing for trophys etc and where are they?

What an annoying prick this guy is. Aside from making absolutely ludicrous comparisons and writing utter rubbish, the way he speaks and responds to people on Twitter is incredibly condescending and patronising.

Luke Edwards does admit he just does it to get a reaction from people. He has completely gone off the rails since last summer even before Bruce was linked with the job.

The only journalists I have time for now are George Caulkin and Craig Hope.

Read a cracking article about Leeds class of '93 and their comparison with the Man Utd class of '92.

Basically, Howard Wilkinson > Alex Ferguson. Where Fergie got rid of Kanchelskis, Ince etc to allow the younger generation to thrive, Wilkinson brought in Brian Deane and Nigel Worthington. The rest is history.

Corrupted Ashley apologist Samuel has gotten stuck into West Ham's owners in the paper today. Wonder why? Not nice when its your own club i guess but perfectly fine somewhere else.

They've had a £240million net spend, he says, since they took over but the "football is rotten" so a fans revolt is justified.

Dear me.  Imagine having that for 13years, a fraction of the net spend, not trying to move forward and an indefinite future of the same ahead.

This guy is pathetic and pathetic at his job. Sullivan and Gold have missed a trick. For the right price he'd turn a blind eye and even condone whatever grievance they have, if there is one beyond being frationally worse than their 40year average on the field.

*mackems would have you believe there's no such thing as net spend and were the only ones that mention it. Apart from that I wanted to rip the thing up and choke him on it.

difference is I suppose Gold and Sullivan sold west hams home and moved to the soulless olympic stadium with the promise of champions league competing for trophys etc and where are they?

They're around where they usually are and the moving to a bigger stadium was obviously an attempt to grow the club and move it forward.

If they stayed at limited capacity Upton Park they couldn't do that. Man City did the same exact thing for the same exact reasons. It doesn't always work out and every new stadium is soulless but they tried. Its the promise everybody has when moving to a new ground and its never panned out. mackems, boro, Millwall, Darlington, Spurs are no better now than before, Southampton are no better. Doesn't mean its the wrong thing to do.

They're around where they usually are and the moving to a bigger stadium was obviously an attempt to grow the club and move it forward.

If they stayed at limited capacity Upton Park they couldn't do that. Man City did the same exact thing for the same exact reasons. It doesn't always work out and every new stadium is soulless but they tried. Its the promise everybody has when moving to a new ground and its never panned out. mackems, boro, Millwall, Darlington, Spurs are no better now than before, Southampton are no better. Doesn't mean its the wrong thing to do.

it is the wrong thing to do. same when we nearly moved to leazes park

it is the wrong thing to do. same when we nearly moved to leazes park

Seems to have worked out quite well for Spurs. Cracking atmosphere there on Sunday.

it helps that new white hart lane is basically where the old one was and was designed from the start for football, the olympic stadium is a hybrid athletic's stadium/converted to football stadium that Gold and Sullivan jumped on because it was a very cheap way of getting a 60k stadium and be able to sell off Upton Park for a decent chunk of cash

Found myself half agreeing with Mark Douglas here...crikey.

Not that surprising since he's just saying what quite a few, including you have been saying from pretty much August. :lol:

I mean tbf, Douglas is one of the better local journalists IMO, but even he tends to chop and change his opinion after a couple of seemingly good results.

Next Big Thing: Liverpool’s new £50m training complex has been designed with input from Edwards, Inglethorpe, Klopp and Henderson

https://theathletic.com/1584555/2020/02/11/liverpool-training-complex-kirkby-next-big-thing/?source=shared-article

The Athletic is well worth the subscription, some fantastic content on there.

Also just looking at the plans for that facility, we're so far behind it's unreal.  :lol:

Next Big Thing: Liverpool’s new £50m training complex has been designed with input from Edwards, Inglethorpe, Klopp and Henderson

https://theathletic.com/1584555/2020/02/11/liverpool-training-complex-kirkby-next-big-thing/?source=shared-article

The Athletic is well worth the subscription, some fantastic content on there.

Also just looking at the plans for that facility, we're so far behind it's unreal.  :lol:

The gym in our office building that has a $10 per month fee to use is better than the NUFC gym.