Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

We will turn back to shit again, he defaulted to Rafa’s tactics when whatever it was he was trying to do failed miserably. CBS won’t score forever, and ASM is a wildcard that teams are scared off atm. Until they figure that out, which they will.

Although it was to the team’s benefit, I’ve never known a manager drop a system after 2 games, that he’d used consistently in his last couple of jobs like that before. It’s like he’s flying us on auto-pilot at the moment but there’ll be a point where he will have to steer us himself and that’s where it’ll go wrong.

We will turn back to shit again, he defaulted to Rafa’s tactics when whatever it was he was trying to do failed miserably. CBS won’t score forever, and ASM is a wildcard that teams are scared off atm. Until they figure that out, which they will.

Although it was to the team’s benefit, I’ve never known a manager drop a system after 2 games, that he’d used consistently in his last couple of jobs like that before. It’s like he’s flying us on auto-pilot at the moment but there’ll be a point where he will have to steer us himself and that’s where it’ll go wrong.

Totally agree and that's a great way of putting it.

I’ll never look at him in the same light as someone like Keegan or Rafa, but that’s on me. It doesn’t have to be that way with the club manager. In fact it makes life easier to be a bit more removed from things.

At this point in time it has to be said he’s doing ok. What’s impressed me is that we’ve picked up points when we haven’t clicked at all up front yet. It may never happen but if it ever does we could well end up having a decent season given that so many normally half decent or very good teams seem to be having stinkers this season (similar to what happened the year we finished 5th)

Going back to last year, some on here, possibly quite a few actually were slagging off the idea of having Brendan Rodgers as coach when he was linked. How wrong that sentiment turned out to be... basically at the end of the day, maybe we know far less about football managers than we think and we’ve been wrong about Bruce. It’s a possibility.

Who on here would admit to that if we do end up doing well this season? Or is he damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t?

I think you answered yourself there, Bruce is managing NUFC during a perfect storm, just like Pardew did. Rating him based on one season is akin to saying Pardew was a good manager. Rafa, Keegan, Bobby all did it over several seasons. He would get any praise he deserved but I wouldn't change my opinion of him based on one season vs 300-odd previous games in the PL, consistency is the key.

Talking about Pardew, even when we finished 5th I was critical because I couldn't see his input in the results. The team looked poor until injuries forced him to start the right players, and results took care of themself.

You don't need a season to see a manager has got organisation skills, if I start seeing something from Bruce which shows he's making a difference I'll give him credit. At the moment it seems to be Rafa's defence allied to some pacy forwards which are getting us the odd result. Every time he's tried to change to his own formation it's been a disaster.

The Chronicle running with the "I think there must be Newcastle fans out there who will be embarrassed with the way that they have treated Steve Bruce." story.

[emoji23]

Who was the writer?

ChronBot69

There was someone called Totalsport last night, stating how he was impressed at how animated Bruce was on the touchline, and the 'passion' he showed (kicking water bottles over and stuff!), compared to Benitez who used to just 'stand there'.

Also stating how the players were now showing that same passion, and playing for him, as the results showed.

:jesuswept:

The Chronicle running with the "I think there must be Newcastle fans out there who will be embarrassed with the way that they have treated Steve Bruce." story.

[emoji23]

Who was the writer?

ChronBot69

I see it was actually a quote from Chris Sutton, the way it was presented made it look like it was a Chronicle writer's opinion.

Hardly any point in complaining about Sutton, he's a well known plank.

There was someone called Totalsport last night, stating how he was impressed at how animated Bruce was on the touchline, and the 'passion' he showed (kicking water bottles over and stuff!), compared to Benitez who used to just 'stand there'.

Also stating how the players were now showing that same passion, and playing for him, as the results showed.

Was it Mark Douglas or Lee Ryder or Luke Edwards?

Was it Mark Douglas or Lee Ryder?

Luke Edwards surely!

Was it Mark Douglas or Lee Ryder?

Luke Edwards surely!

There’s that many anti Rafa local journalists hard to keep up :laugh:

They’ll be making out Bruce has Dubravka playing further forward next.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-bournemouth-steve-bruce-17231547

The anti-Benitez bandwagon is definitely growing like. I think pretty much every manager does this at the end of a game.

There’s literally nothing in that article that is anti-Benitez. Just because someone writes something that is pro-Bruce, doesn’t make them anti-Benitez.

They’re making it out as though that’s something special and different. Why would they write that for any other reason?

Because they are trying to big Bruce up, as they do with all our managers. Let’s not pretend there wasn’t plenty of similar articles written about Rafa (granted you might say more deservingly so...), but praising Bruce has nothing to do with being anti-Benitez, at least not amongst local journos anyway, who were generally  massively pro-Benitez when he was here.

They’re making it out as though that’s something special and different. Why would they write that for any other reason?

Because they are trying to big Bruce up, as they do with all our managers. Let’s not pretend there wasn’t plenty of similar articles written about Rafa (granted you might say more deservingly so...), but praising Bruce has nothing to do with being anti-Benitez, at least not amongst local journos anyway, who were generally  massively pro-Benitez when he was here.

Totally agree, we need to rid ourselves of this Benitez paranoia, he’s gone let’s move on .Bruce will never be liked in the same way , getting on his back is undeserved though and makes us look like twats in truth.

Let’s see in a seasons time. We got the same shite levelled about Pardew. Credit where it’s due - he’s has the sense to stick with what works and let players who need it free reign. Doesn’t have his own ideas and you’ll never look a twat for pointing out his record and trying exercise a bit of foresight.

Totally agree, we need to rid ourselves of this Benitez paranoia, he’s gone let’s move on .Bruce will never be liked in the same way , getting on his back is undeserved though and makes us look like twats in truth.

Any and all abuse is completely deserved.

He came here fully ready to be complicit in the way Ashley runs the club. He's a complete cunt and should be abused daily.

Guest neesy111

Any and all abuse is completely deserved.

He came here fully ready to be complicit in the way Ashley runs the club. He's a complete cunt and should be advised daily.

The way he treated Sheff Wed was an utter disgrace as well.

Why won't he be liked in the same way? If he brings about front foot football which he keeps banging on about, and we start playing entertaining football while banging in a few goals, he'll get his name sung from the rafters. And he will thoroughly deserve it. Rafa earned respect and loyalty, Bruce can do the same by showing us that he is his own man and can take things forward. Because that's what Rafa was all about, getting better and better and aiming for success.