Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest neesy111

Don't Bruce teams usually start well and then fade?  Can see that happening here as well

I’m actually going the other way with it. :lol:

If the front three were banging them in you’d think they can’t keep that up. 1/3 of the way through the season and they’ve scored 1. The chances of going 2/3s and only scoring 2-3 goals is pretty much impossible. Think they’ll all get somewhere between 5-9 each and we’ll be around 12-14th.

Guessing we will see.

Guest neesy111

If we had kept Benitez, or even had someone like Rodgers, I think we’d be looking good on the pitch.

We ended last season looking really good in attack, so would have been no surprise.

Yes, and it annoys me that the narrative that we were entirely negative under rafa has taken hold of the media, yes we were safety first but second half of last season we were also very efficient attackers and should have been a taste of things to come this season. Instead we have been knocked backwards, we are not as good as we were in that run second half, partially bruces fault but also no rondon or perez. ASm helps sure but we lack any proper finishers.

Don't Bruce teams usually start well and then fade?  Can see that happening here as well

I’m actually going the other way with it. :lol:

If the front three were banging them in you’d think they can’t keep that up. 1/3 of the way through the season and they’ve scored 1. The chances of going 2/3s and only scoring 2-3 goals is pretty much impossible. Think they’ll all get somewhere between 5-9 each and we’ll be around 12-14th.

Emanuelle says hi.

Think the season depends on keeping ASM fit. We look a different threat with him and Almiron in the team (even if they aren't scoring) and looked pretty toothless when he was out injured. Atsu isn't really good enough.

post-match review on radio newcastle on the way home, i'm sured i heard one of them saying Bruce needed credit for playing a more expansive game than Rafa.

wtf??

also why isnt there the bollox from the media about our possession stats like there was last season?

Guest Howaythetoon

They probably are happier right now, because the demands on them are less intense under Bruce and everything will be more relaxed. Wait until they turn to the dugout to get them out of the shit though and see only a huge pile of shit looking back at them, then they’ll long for life under Rafa. Or more likelier they will stop caring, play for themselves and blame others, agitate for moves and become dressing room splinters.

It will all stem from Bruce, however. Players need constant structure, they need more than jokes, running, thumbs up, smiles from the coach and cliches about working hard, sticking together, luck will change, a win will come. They need trained, managed, motivated, regulated, invigorated, to believe in the manager, that he will always find a way that works best for each of them and for the team, if they just stick to what they’re are being told to do.

When the shit hits the fan and Bruce has them running harder, or gets them together and asks them to get stuck in more or tells them luck will change, they will look at him like we all do and think, fuck me, this is fucking shite, the man is out of his depth.

Guest Howaythetoon

It wouldn’t surprise me if Bruce kept them up and finished in a decent position, but like with Pardew, he will make a huge mess of things because he’s a shit manager and coach and no 5th place finish or even a cup will ever disguise that FACT.

Did I respect Pardew for finishing 5th? Did I fuck. A broken clock will get the time right once at least and Pardew a broken clock finishing 5th got the time right. Every other time he got it wrong, badly wrong.

In Bruce’s defence, I think he’s a manager/coach who will do everything in his power to do the best job he can which would usually deserve credit, but this is different to Rafa or Hughton doing the same, because unlike them, it’s not for the good of the club and the fans, but his paymaster and self interests.

Because of that, I hope he gets smashed by the opposition team/players/manager whenever he takes his team out onto the pitch.

The narrative if he bettered Rafa’s points/league finish this season man would be vomit inducing stuff, urgh, fuck that!

Guest neesy111

Bruce needs to keep the Rafa formation and stop the pity me interviews.

I will say players seem to like him - team spirit doesn't look bad TBF.

Was the same under pardew.  Just wait until we go on a bad run with the current formation, then he won't have a clue.

Was the same under pardew.  Just wait until we go on a bad run with the current formation, then he won't have a clue.

said the same yesterday, he;s (sensibly) riding the rafa wave atm

probs next season before the wheels come off

Objectively, based on results, Bruce hasn't done too badly so far.  Give Rafa the same level of investment and, yeah, we'd probably be doing better.

I can't do it, man.  Losing Rafa and going to this semi inflated balloon of a man is indefensible.  Spending £70m or whatever it was to give him players rather than let a manager of Rafa's calibre spend it as he likes is indefensible.

I don't care how many wins he gets, how well we play, where we are in the league.

Fuck Bruce.  Fuck Ashley.  Fuck NUFC until they're gone.

Guest neesy111

Objectively, based on results, Bruce hasn't done too badly so far.  Give Rafa the same level of investment and, yeah, we'd probably be doing better.

I can't do it, man.  Losing Rafa and going to this semi inflated balloon of a man is indefensible.  Spending £70m or whatever it was to give him players rather than let a manager of Rafa's calibre spend it as he likes is indefensible.

I don't care how many wins he gets, how well we play, where we are in the league.

Fuck Bruce.  Fuck Ashley.  Fuck NUFC until they're gone.

:thup:

So many fans on twitter going on like we playing 10x better football now etc.  We ended last season playing some very good football etc.  So many fucking idiots in our support.

I don’t think we are playing good football at all, Bournemouth we infinitely better at it than us yesterday.

They moved it around us easily, we reverted to humping it, for me we got lucky yesterday, others may disagree with that.