Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Because he's a grown man and professional athlete who's probably played 40 games for us.

:thup: :lol:

If he was nervous Pata, then he has some serious mental problems that needs to be worked on.

He had Obertan in front of him, course he was f***ing nervous

Fair enough, but that's not because it was his first time as first choice :lol: Pretty absurd statement tbf.

While it hasn't helped that Haidara has been in and out of the side, he really should be more convincing when he's getting these chances. I've seen him having outstanding games but then next time out he looks like he's switched off. Defence is one part of the pitch where you have to be consistently reliable so he's going to have to do better in the next couple of games if he wants to hold down that spot.

I mean he's been 'first choice' before, but it's a season opener where he is the clear LB1 and he's trying to prove that we don't need another LB. Can't see how it's absurd that someone would be nervous. He's also a member here and everyone was calling for a new LB, obviously he was nervous.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did OK-ish, I definitely prefer Haidara.

I thought Dummet was pretty poor today, normally he's good at the defensive side, but today he kept ending up in the middle and leaving huge gaps in behind on the flanks. We looked much better when Haidara came on.

Guest Howaythetoon

Never a full-back or maybe even a footballer. He will become a no nonsense centre-back in the Championship or League One. That's his level.

Did OK-ish, I definitely prefer Haidara.

I thought Dummet was pretty poor today, normally he's good at the defensive side, but today he kept ending up in the middle and leaving huge gaps in behind on the flanks. We looked much better when Haidara came on.

Totally agree with this.

Some said he was at fault for the Redmond goal but I really don't think so. They had two lads in the box he needed to tuck in, Gini should've come further back.

Overall, I thought he was a little off the pace. Couple of good headers. Did he miss pre-season? First start of the season and it showed.

More faith in him than Haidara.