Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

He should be our 3-4th choice CB and our backup LB. I quite like him but he's very limited as a LB and fairly solid as a CB.

Would prefer him just being 3rd-4th choice CB and Haidara the backup LB to someone we could sign who is half decent.

• 1 month later...

Have to remember he is still quite young (i think?), he should improve year on year and he's only had two (?) seasons in the prem... At the moment he should be our first choice bench warmer for left back/centre back. Good squad player but not what we should be aiming for in our starting line up.

I think we all know how drastically different his popularity would be on here if he wasn't a local lad from the academy. Fortunately I think he's won most of the sensible crew over as a solid defender with potential.

I think he's fine just not a left back

I think he's more of a left back than he'll ever be a central defender. He can do a stop gap job in there, but I don't think he's big enough to be a stopper full time. At left back, he's not the worst crosser, just needs a bit more confidence going forward.

What height is he? Always seems tall for a left back to me when he plays there

Too tall for a LB, too short for a CB. *not really.

For me, looks a far better CB than a LB, but still shouldn't be more than 3rd or 4th choice.

He's stronger and better in the air than Colo at 23.

I don't really see it. He's decent for a left back, but at centre back he's pretty similar to Colo at best. Plus Colo is better at reading the game and better at bringing the ball out.

At 33 year old CB is better at reading the game than a 23 year old with less than a dozen appearances in that position. More ingenious TRon insight to follow.

And yet people are overlooking this.

I think we all know how drastically different his popularity would be on here if he wasn't a local lad from the academy. Fortunately I think he's won most of the sensible crew over as a solid defender with potential.

:lol:

You're easier to amuse than the average viewer of Mrs Brown's Boys, Disco.

I think we all know how drastically different his programme's popularity would be on here if he was a local lad.