Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Played well but ultimately still not a good enough first choice for me. A good performance from him looks even better than it should be compared to the shambles we usually have at the back.

Could do with naming centre half as his position imo. We've got too many players willing to fill in where needed, instead of staking their claim on one position and focusing on developing their game there. That's obviously the type of player the club go for in order to try and have such a small squad

We can make do with Jonas, Anita or Colback at left back, but there's literally no one else to play CB, and I'd rather play with 10 men than watching that lanky piece of shite Williamson on the pitch again.

We can make do with Jonas, Anita or Colback at left back, but there's literally no one else to play CB, and I'd rather play with 10 men than watching that lanky piece of s**** Williamson on the pitch again.

I agree. I was just pointing out the weakness of our squad that Paul Dummett is our best player in 2 positions.

Haidara is better at LB when fit IMO.

Sorry I meant with who is fit and available. And it's closer than it should be in any case. I think Dummett's a good player but he shouldn't arguably be our best player in 2 positions. I'd rather he was 3rd best CB and second choice LB by a Janmaat distance where he would still probably get a good amount of games in either position due to injuries/suspensions. I'm not counting Saylor.

But in Ashley's regime we might as well make Dummett captain already.

We can make do with Jonas, Anita or Colback at left back, but there's literally no one else to play CB, and I'd rather play with 10 men than watching that lanky piece of s**** Williamson on the pitch again.

He's an absolute pile of shit is Williamson. Possibly the worst centre half I have seen at NUFC and I include Boumsong in that as well.

Would be unfortunate if we got relegated by bringing back Mike for the last game.

After Carver's comments about him, I don't think he'll play in the last game barring Colo or Dummett getting injured

I always felt far more comfort with Paul Dummett playing at CB than I did with Williamson and Taylor. He's quicker, better tackler, better marker, and has a good left peg on him to pass and shoot. He's also a better threat from set pieces too. I'm not saying he should be our starter for the future today, but I'd rather see him develop and given the opportunities to prove or stake his claim.

Does have a bit of a hunch back look to him when he's running and such :lol:

I quite like him at CB in all honesty. I don't know if that's because I'm so unused to a footballer simply doing his job, but he has seemed fairly capable at CB for a while. Unlike Mike and Colo these days.

I quite like him at CB in all honesty. I don't know if that's because I'm so unused to a footballer simply doing his job, but he has seemed fairly capable at CB for a while. Unlike Mike and Colo these days.

Yeah, I also quite like a left footed centre back on the left of defence. Apart from Bassong I can't think of many in the recent past

Guest firetotheworks

That's it for me. I don't particularly rate him, but at the moment he stands out by purely doing his job.

He's fairly tidy, he's quite athletic and he has a fair bit of energy. He's a much better CB than Williamson (though obvs most people are).

TBH at CB it's often more a case of minimising mistakes and being tidy than being outstanding in any way. If Dummett stays there and learns the position more he could do alright. Not that I want him starting for us ideally.

I've been saying it for a while but he's a good, solid, no-nonsense, no frills defender. Not great on the ball, but I do think he's gradually improving in that respect whereas Williamson hasn't got any better at that aspect in five years (if anything he's got worse).

At LB he hoofs it a lot more because he doesnt have the pace to beat a man. I can't remember any crosses he's put in either. But at CB he's a lot more composed. He's not the best but I feel a lot more confident when I see him in the teamsheet in that position. Provided we ship Colo and sign a new CB, I wouldn't mind him starting next season relegated or not.