David Squires

joeyt

• 2 weeks later...

Amazes me how all these people come out NOW and raises concerns over this. It is nothing new. Why did they not bring this morale issue up last time this rumour came up with BZG or whatever?

Love his work but that's deeply unfair, as with a lot of the commentary coming from the moralistic Southern press.

The idea that it is the responsibility of Newcastle fans, committing the crime of wanting to continue to support the club they've always supported, to fight against a foreign power. Utterly nonce-y effort on his part.

Amazes me how all these people come out NOW and raises concerns over this. It is nothing new. Why did they not bring this morale issue up last time this rumour came up with BZG or whatever?

because it seems to be actually happening instead of a rumor

Love his work but that's deeply unfair, as with a lot of the commentary coming from the moralistic Southern press.

The idea that it is the responsibility of Newcastle fans, committing the crime of wanting to continue to support the club they've always supported, to fight against a foreign power. Utterly nonce-y effort on his part.

Guardian is Manchester-based, isn't it?  Probably both clubs there now collectively shitting themselves.

Because it's more than a rumour now.

Are people seriously thinking that because it's Newcastle that Squires has chosen this?

Nothing to do with that and with once again it being laid at the fans door. Implying you have to walk away from the club if you any morals and value life above it. It’s unfair. I’ve not decided how I feel, but sick of outsiders telling us how we should.

Guardian is Manchester-based, isn't it?  Probably both clubs there now collectively shitting themselves.

FFS man. :lol:

Hasn't been the Manchester Guardian since 1959 and Squires lives in Australia but yeah, definitely a Manc running scared!!!

Guest awaymag

Yeah, it'll be specifically because it's Newcastle, not because the world's most notorious Bond villain is buying a premier league club.

And so all newcastle fans should raise up as one and reject the takeover.......oh please.

If the government won't do anything about the Saudi regime, then don't try and guilt trip the newcastle fans.  If some want to boycott then that is their choice but don't try to press gang us.

Funny when we where boycotting Ashley, the media basically shrugged its shoulders, told us to know our place and treated us as an irritation.  Well why should I now pay attention to the same media asking for my support.    My reactions, shrug of the shoulder and I know my place......what can I do about it.....

Guest neesy111

Are people seriously thinking that because it's Newcastle that Squires has chosen this?

Obviously not. It’s a pretty bad comic to be fair. On his standards.

I agree there is not much funny about it.

Doesn’t the last panel infer that rich folk can do what they want at any time? Bit more nuanced than you think. Still scathing like.

FFS man. :lol:

Hasn't been the Manchester Guardian since 1959 and Squires lives in Australia but yeah, definitely a Manc running scared!!!

London, Manchester, Wagga Wagga.  All the same, mate.

Thought it was okay until it the final panel. Asking people to stop following a club that's been engrained in their life and family for years because of something they have no control over is over the top. Even Amnesty International is simply asking fans to educate themselves and not defend KSA, which is pretty fair.

Also the panel with Albert's volley is facing the wrong way

Thought it was okay until it the final panel. Asking people to stop following a club that's been engrained in their life and family for years because of something they have no control over is over the top. Even Amnesty International is simply asking fans to educate themselves and not defend KSA, which is pretty fair.

Also the panel with Albert's volley is facing the wrong way

Aye, it's utter drivel.

That’s a pretty disgusting cartoon tbh.

It’s actually doing the opposite of what it’s supposed to do and make me think fuck them all, I’m all in. Us vs the world. This is exactly what people have been arguing against, being told what to do, what to think and laying the guilt at the fans feet. It’s not even subtle like the other sports journos on Twitter.