Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

The fact NUFC even have a chance to stay up shows how shit some of the PL really is. They have no goals, very few PL standard players and a bang-average manager, they should be an absolute certainty to go down.

Sorry to drift off topic Ian but it rankles with me that your avatar looks both more intelligent and better looking than the real thing.

The fact NUFC even have a chance to stay up shows how shit some of the PL really is. They have no goals, very few PL standard players and a bang-average manager, they should be an absolute certainty to go down.

There's a core of players (Dubravka, Lascelles, Schar, Hayden, Almiron, probably Joelinton) that will see the club steer away from the bottom three. It looks like the manager has went away from his core principals (the 3-5-2) and adopted the tactics Benitez used so as long as he doesn't go back, we'll stay up.

Not sure any of those are really proven outside of a Rafa team, but you could well be right in the end.

There's a core of players (Dubravka, Lascelles, Schar, Hayden, Almiron, probably Joelinton) that will see the club steer away from the bottom three. It looks like the manager has went away from his core principals (the 3-5-2) and adopted the tactics Benitez used so as long as he doesn't go back, we'll stay up.

Not sure any of those are really proven outside of a Rafa team, but you could well be right in the end.

Like I say, if Bruce was doing it his way I think it’d be touch & go. He seems to be sticking as close to Rafa’s formula as possible since the Spurs game, as long as he’s got the same players to carry it out and Joelinton performs, he’ll stay up.

Like I say, if Bruce was doing it his way I think it’d be touch & go. He seems to be sticking as close to Rafa’s formula as possible since the Spurs game, as long as he’s got the same players to carry it out and Joelinton performs, he’ll stay up.

Rafa was very single minded about his methods and his formations, I think when the heat is on, Bruce won't be able to hold his nerve and will start flip flopping like Pardew used to. You need strength of character to stick to your guns when results start going the wrong way and Rafa's methods were his own so he had full confidence in them. Not sure if you can ape that in the white heat of a relegation battle.

Guest Howaythetoon

They will ship in too many goals and not score many so the team will definitely be in a relegation fight all season. If Bruce survives getting the sack at any stage this season he’ll relegate his hometown team. I can’t see where the goals will come from to turn draws into wins never mind get enough to win games or how the team will keep them out either. He’ll fluke a few ‘impressive looking’ wins/draws at home to the likes of Man Utd or Chelsea, but will lose to the Brighton’s home and away.

I voted 10 at the start of the season and I don't think I've been in this thread since. There's a lot of merit to what ON says but for me it comes down to Joelinton - he's surprised me with his quality (and I say that as someone who hoped he'd flop worse than Denilson). I'm still hoping we go down, but no longer expecting to. I think Joelinton is good enough to keep us up with perhaps a little help from ASM/Almiron/Atsu and the other eight parking the bus well enough to collect the points we'll need to stay up.

Ho-hum, rinse and repeat for 20/21?

Rafa was very single minded about his methods and his formations, I think when the heat is on, Bruce won't be able to hold his nerve and will start flip flopping like Pardew used to. You need strength of character to stick to your guns when results start going the wrong way and Rafa's methods were his own so he had full confidence in them. Not sure if you can ape that in the white heat of a relegation battle.

I mean, if he can maintain the Rafa organisation and keep them drilled like that for a whole season then fair enough, they deserve to stay up and he's a very good manager.

The problem for Bruce is if he hasn't got a clear plan of how to set the team up, the players are going to be confused, and lose respect pretty quickly. Assuming they haven't already. When that happens, we will plunge into a Pardew/Carver run of 6-10 losses in a row.

Guest godzilla

I’d say about a 6.

I honestly think with Bruce in charge is a certainty, I couldn't believe how lost and clueless that set of players looked against a team who will be near the bottom.

/Whos actually worse than us? Watford and Villa? The latter you'd expect to grow into the season given how many signings they made.

Sat watching Palace here and they're so much better organised. Brighton looked better than us yesterday and at least have a decent coach now. Sheffield United and Norwich have had good starts although could fade. You wouldnt expect Southampton to go down either really.

Long way to go but I cant see us getting better and Its not looking like one of those seasons where their is a load of shite at the bottom of the table. 8

I said 10 at the beginning of the season, I'm sticking to my guns, he can use Rafa's formation all he wants but without his drills and tactics they are useless, the players haven't a clue where they should be or what they should be doing.

We can't score and we can't defend, Bruce doesn't have the wherewithal to get the best out of the players he has, formulate a set of tactics based on opponent and to play to the strengths of the £80m worth of talent he has in attack.

I said 10 at the beginning of the season, I'm sticking to my guns, he can use Rafa's formation all he wants but without his drills and tactics they are useless, the players haven't a clue where they should be or what they should be doing.

We can't score and we can't defend, Bruce doesn't have the wherewithal to get the best out of the players he has, formulate a set of tactics based on opponent and to play to the strengths of the £80m worth of talent he has in attack.

You forgot to mention how we control the ball for 18 minutes out of 90

Defence isn't that bad tbf - 8 goals conceded from 6 games isn't a disaster. The lack of goals is the big worry.

Defence isn't that bad tbf - 8 goals conceded from 6 games isn't a disaster. The lack of goals is the big worry.

We aren't going to score goals with 30% possession at home.

We aren't going to score goals with 30% possession at home.

25% and I think the defence has done ok up to now but I can also see that changing as the season goes on and the confidence is completely sapped out of them.