Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

• 2 weeks later...

I think 4 points is about par for the fixtures we've had. Would've expected a win and a draw from Norwich/Watford, and 3 losses from Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool.

That's pretty depressing.

It's a tough start and 4 points isn't a disaster. The Brighton game is important though, a loss there would be really bad.

I think 4 points is about par for the fixtures we've had. Would've expected a win and a draw from Norwich/Watford, and 3 losses from Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool.

It's a tough start and 4 points isn't a disaster. The Brighton game is important though, a loss there would be really bad.

I just meant the fact that we can only target 4 points from those fixtures.

I just meant the fact that we can only target 4 points from those fixtures.

Not saying you can't target more, just about what I expected that's all.

I can't see us growing into seasons as we did under Rafa, so I think these early games are more important than before.

But Rafa couldn’t buy a win for 10 games last season, at least give Brucey a chance. McClaren’s ten game leeway kept getting extended all the way to the 30th.

Looking at the other mildly likely candidates, as the league is already taking shape:

Brighton - look like they'll score and concede more but pick up more points away than previous seasons

Southampton - will have a proper manager for a full season that will be worth extra points compared to last season

Palace - will struggle for goals but have had an OK start given their shit summer

Norwich - play as to be expected but probably have more points than they expected with their hard start, morale high

Burnley - as per always and will probably be enough

Sheff Utd - look a bit toothless at home but not getting battered in games

Villa - look a bit toothless but not getting battered in games

Watford - awful start but already look to have turned the corner, defensively you'd expect them to tighten up under QSF

Obviously some teams might go on a horror run but it looks like it's going to be pretty close down the bottom with all teams taking points off each other.

I think Villa will go down tbh

Probably been the least impressive of the newly promoted teams but that was somewhat expected given they've had a higher turnover of players than the others. A lot relying on Grealish and Wesley; latter of whom has looked piss poor so far and already to be struggling with confidence.

Brighton, Sheffield United and Villa for me, Jeff. Brucey's Banter Boys will lmao themselves over the finish line in early April.

Teams might be different but I think likewise. If he's here next season will be when it goes tits.

The fact NUFC even have a chance to stay up shows how shit some of the PL really is. They have no goals, very few PL standard players and a bang-average manager, they should be an absolute certainty to go down.

There's a core of players (Dubravka, Lascelles, Schar, Hayden, Almiron, probably Joelinton) that will see the club steer away from the bottom three. It looks like the manager has went away from his core principals (the 3-5-2) and adopted the tactics Benitez used so as long as he doesn't go back, we'll stay up.