Miguel Almirón

Deuce

I'll be honest, I'm pleased. IF (I know) they want to start running this club like a football club again then the large transfers they said they didn't want to make anymore, help the club make money through merchandising and getting our name out in the world again. 

It will take 2 or 3 of these each summer, + a few cheaper additions, to convince me they have any ambition. They don't and they won't.

It's probably too late for Rafa anyway.

That's funny because I'm miserable between matches and miserable on most match days  :lol:

And miserable in the lead up, telling anyone who'll listen that you've "fucking had it" and "there's no point anymore", then tuning in regardless and getting what you expect. :lol:

Settling in

The pleasure is mine to be here. Thank you for the welcome. What I’ve been trying to do is settle in as quickly as possible. I feel physically in good shape. I am ready as I have been in pre-season with Atlanta.

The record transfer fee

First and foremost I see it as an honour. It’s something that I try not to pay too much attention to. It’s something that it secondary when it’s compared to me helping the team. I want to bring something.

Former team-mate Kenwyne Jones calling him an animal!

I think he’s said that because we’re good mates. What am I like? I am the sort of player who tries to get the team playing around me and help my team-mates.

Being fit for Wolves on Monday night

I physically feel good and it’s good to focus, working hard and learning the tactics. It’s down to the manager whether I will be ready for Monday but certainly I feel ready and I’m keen to take part.

On playing at St James’ Park

I think it’ll be absolutely great to play here, the feeling will be magnificent. I’m really grateful for the way I’ve been welcomed already. I’ve felt the support, kindness and good feelings already. I really can’t wait to play for Newcastle United.

On being the eighth Paraguayan to play in the Premier League

It’s always been a dream of mine to come across in play in the PL. I feel I’m representing my country here, I’m proud of that, and I hope to give a good account of myself & of Paraguay.

The Benitez factor

When I heard of the interest from Rafa Benitez, there was no hesitation. We all know what a great manager he is, a great person he is, and there was no hesitation about wanting to play for him and the club.

Being a Newcastle hero in the future

I don’t for one minute consider myself to purport to be an idol or a hero. What I want to try and do is do my best for this club and help out my team-mates by doing what I can out there on the field.

Living in Newcastle

I think that definitely I am looking forward to the experience of settling in here. The bits that I have seen of the city I’ve liked a lot, and I’m sure I’ll like it even more when I see more of it. I’m sure my family will like it too.

what concerns you about it?

Doesn't seem to play that often and has never scored

that keeps you up at night?

I said "a bit concerning" in a post where I also said I was really looking forward to seeing him play :lol:

Really surprised he did the presser in Spanish. He's been in the MLS for a year so you'd expect him to be able to speak decent English by now

I doubt he ever struggled to get by speaking Spanish in the United States :lol:

Also, a year isn’t a lot of time to learn a language to the point that’d you feel comfortable enough doing a press conference in it

what concerns you about it?

Doesn't seem to play that often and has never scored

that keeps you up at night?

I said "a bit concerning" in a post where I also said I was really looking forward to seeing him play :lol:

It was a classic random take I had to pick up on. :) haha.

When we were first linked with him and i found out he played in the MLS, the first thing i looked at was his international career as it’s the highest standard he played at so far.  It is concerning i think.  Would be interesting to hear what his actual performances have been like for Paraguay as his stats aren’t great.

Really surprised he did the presser in Spanish. He's been in the MLS for a year so you'd expect him to be able to speak decent English by now

Absolutely no need to speak English in the USA these days, Spanish almost as popular as a 1st language as English in a lot of places.