Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Not many players of his mold have managed the jump from the MLS to the PL though. That worries me a bit.

I’ve said it before, this could potentially be the first successful MLS to Premier League transfer.

Landon Donovan was canny. Didn't Tim Howard also come straight in as well ?

I don’t think Donovan was that much of a success really, also I should have specified that I meant outfield players.

Clint Dempsey

Same as Donovan. Think he was average at best.

You expect too much , both are quality starter in EPL, you're not expecting we sign Hazard tier of player rite?  :lol:

Aye, obviously a different type of player but if this guy is as good for us as Clint Dempsey was for Fulham we'll have done pretty well

Guest Howaythetoon

Gonna get in there first and say I think he’ll turn out to be another flop.

Hopefully he doesn’t so we can make a killing in profit on him.

Not many players of his mold have managed the jump from the MLS to the PL though. That worries me a bit.

I’ve said it before, this could potentially be the first successful MLS to Premier League transfer.

Landon Donovan was canny. Didn't Tim Howard also come straight in as well ?

I don’t think Donovan was that much of a success really, also I should have specified that I meant outfield players.

Clint Dempsey

Same as Donovan. Think he was average at best.

You expect too much , both are quality starter in EPL, you're not expecting we sign Hazard tier of player rite?  :lol:

Aye, obviously a different type of player but if this guy is as good for us as Clint Dempsey was for Fulham we'll have done pretty well

Aye Dempsey was definitely a success like, he didn't look anything special but was very effective from what I remember.  Looking back at his stats backs that up with a goal every 3 or so Premier League games for a struggling side.

Lest we forget Almiron was dominant in the Argentine PL before going to the MLS essentially already being the best (or one of the best players) in the MLS when he arrived. It's not like we're buying a youth prospect developed by an MLS side.

Lest we forget Almiron was dominant in the Argentine PL before going to the MLS essentially already being the best (or one of the best players) in the MLS when he arrived. It's not like we're buying a youth prospect developed by an MLS side.

Good point.

Hopefully our leave it late dicking about doesn't hamper him making an impact in the remaining games. It set Rondon back at the beginning of the season.

As for him "flopping", I wonder what would have happened if we'd signed Thauvin with Rafa as manager.

Hopefully our leave it late dicking about doesn't hamper him making an impact in the remaining games. It set Rondon back at the beginning of the season.

As for him "flopping", I wonder what would have happened if we'd signed Thauvin with Rafa as manager.

Didn't rafa want to keep Thauvin when we went down?

Played for a relatively unfancied club n all.

Being written off before he's kicked a ball for us. :lol:

Aye :lol: will be loads like this, on his back from the off expecting miracles because you nah, he cost 20 whole millions! Might be our record, but still...standard price in this day and age.

Aye :lol: will be loads like this, on his back from the off expecting miracles because you nah, he cost 20 whole millions! Might be our record, but still...standard price in this day and age.

And the only reason I can see anyone would come out with saying they think he will be a flop is purely to say "I told you so" later down the line. If he's been scouted properly and Rafa wants him, I'm convinced it's a high chance this lad is all the pacey, tricky, smart and goal scoring talent that he looks on YouTube. Of course the PL is a big step up from the MLS, but he does seem way too good for that league and we are crying out for someone of his talents to start attacking the opposition with.

Dempsey, Friedel and Howard were all PL regulars for years. Even Brad Guzan played regularly for a bit

Difference is they're all American whereas Almiron is Paraguayan. He's genetically bound to be better than the best of the above list :lol:

U.S. is 4-2-2 all-time against Paraguay.