Miguel Almirón

Deuce

The shift from the club failing to complete simple loan deals and purchases from relagated clubs to breaking the transfer record is far too immediate and drastic for me to believe. I expect to be disappointed. The only logical reason I can think for this transfer to actually occur is Rafa stating that he will leave Thursday rather than at the end of the season, and the deal being used to placate him. Attempting to avoid a 2008, Keegan leaving and Guthrie breaking Fagan's leg type of scenario at the next home match would seem to make sense, but I am not sure Ashley and hierarchy of the club even care about this.

Guest firetotheworks

Patriots gonna hate him

Ashley's managed to keep a lot of our fans (including on here) in the 2005-ish mindset where £20m is a huge amount. There'll be a lot expecting him to be world class from the start like.

The shift from the club failing to complete simple loan deals and purchases from relagated clubs to breaking the transfer record is far too immediate and drastic for me to believe. I expect to be disappointed. The only logical reason I can think for this transfer to actually occur is Rafa stating that he will leave Thursday rather than at the end of the season, and the deal being used to placate him. Attempting to avoid a 2008, Keegan leaving and Guthrie breaking Fagan's leg type of scenario at the next home match would seem to make sense, but I am not sure Ashley and hierarchy of the club even care about this.

Definitely been panicked by the prospect Rafa could leave in February, even if unlikely.

Well if this goes through then it is very interesting indeed.

It would increase the likelihood that Rafa will be staying at least some. Have to say it would be a good sign. I'd be a lot more confident then that if Rafa does sign they will back him some more going forward.

It looks like it would still be with the stipulation of major signings being under 25 and having some resale value, but I think Rafa is showing he can manage that and then any more experienced players would be freebies or very cheap ones like Dubravka, Ki and maybe Samaris who looks like he may be joining.

I am hopeful but remain wary.

It would increase the likelihood that Rafa will be staying at least some. Have to say it would be a good sign. I'd be a lot more confident then that if Rafa does sign they will back him some more going forward.

It looks like it would still be with the stipulation of major signings being under 25 and having some resale value, but I think Rafa is showing he can manage that and then any more experienced players would be freebies or very cheap ones like Dubravka, Ki and maybe Samaris who looks like he may be joining.

This brinksmanship isn’t sustainable nor healthy

Ever the insane optimist. :lol:

Not really.

I just think they wouldn't bother with this at all if they are sick of Rafa and don't intend to try and support him going forward. It would just be a weird signing to make.

There'd still be conditions on the players they prefer to sign going forward, as I stated above, but I think going forward Rafa would be more confident of getting signings done if he signs on for longer.

I do think there has been some truth to the lack of signings due to Rafa's contract situation.

Not really.

I just think they wouldn't bother with this at all if they are sick of Rafa and don't intend to try and support him going forward. It would just be a weird signing to make.

There'd still be conditions on the players they prefer to sign going forward, as I stated above, but I think going forward Rafa would be more confident of getting signings done if he signs on for longer.

I do think there has been some truth to the lack of signings due to Rafa's contract situation.

Jesus! Have you been living under a rock?! They have done it to trick Rafa to stay nothing more nothing less. There is no optimism with Ashley here.

I will offer that £50 bet up to one more person as well if anyone wants it?