Miguel Almirón

Deuce

My Dennis Wise style scout report:

+ Has a sweet left foot and can hammer the ball

+ Has pace and can dribble

+ Takes a good pen

- Right foot is for standing only. Haven't found a single clip from my extensive *cough* scouting of him using his right foot at all. 

+ Takes a good pen

- Right foot is for standing only. Haven't found a single clip from my extensive *cough* scouting of him using his right foot at all. 

Always had a soft spot for left footed #10s whose right foot is only for that purpose.  :smitten:

+ Takes a good pen

Had a quick look at him,

Strange eyebrows

Gangly

One footed

Scores pens we never get

Runs forward not sideways

Very left footed

Seems pacey

all from YT clips

Mental that, when we finally break our transfer record, it's on an MLS player. Won't this beat Alphonso Davies as the record MLS sale?

£20.5m is a huge, risky fee. This club works on weird logic.

Still cheap in today's prices, granted the league he's being bought from like, but £20m isn't that much these days, well except for us like.

£20.5m is still a bit steep to be buying from the MLS, a league inferior to the PL.  If it was £20m from a decent european league fair enough.

He's clearly well above MLS standards though. At this point imo it's akin to a 20m gamble on an Eredivisie standout.

Still cheap when compared to Eredivisie stand out De Jong the youngest who is going for £75m odd.

It's a gamble but not the astronomical gamble with the prices these day, just in my opinion like.

Tbh I don't really know what to think if this goes through. Literally in the last couple of days I'd finally, later than so many others, accepted that Rafa needed to leave ASAP for the greater interests of the club.

But if this happens, surely it means they've somewhat relented to Rafa's entirely reasonable demand that we spend what we earn? Does that mean the beginning of a sea change where we start investing properly in the club? Of course it doesn't. But will it make him sign a contract? Surely not...?

Then there's the reality of the transfer itself; one player - totally new to the league, taking a massive step up - isn't going to transform this bag of shite team.

Interesting how the price seems to have dropped by £10 million all of a sudden.

It was $30m. That's £20m. That's a drop of about £3m I think.

Ah fair enough, for some reason I always thought it was sterling being quoted. :thup:

:lol: Danny Mills. Such waffle. I mean, who really cares, but still; Christ knows what some of these blokes actually get paid for.

A Premier League football club has been linked with the guy all month. If you're at all qualified to discuss the matter, do a bit of research and justify your position with a comment worth hearing.

Tbh I don't really know what to think if this goes through. Literally in the last couple of days I'd finally, later than so many others, accepted that Rafa needed to leave ASAP for the greater interests of the club.

But if this happens, surely it means they've somewhat relented to Rafa's entirely reasonable demand that we spend what we earn? Does that mean the beginning of a sea change where we start investing properly in the club? Of course it doesn't. But will it make him sign a contract? Surely not...?

Then there's the reality of the transfer itself; one player - totally new to the league, taking a massive step up - isn't going to transform this bag of s**** team.

No, this will not be the start of proper investment it's a token gesture to trick him to stay.

They will still be back to the the old bargain bucket ways from the summer for the foreseeable future

And yes it will make him sign a new contract 100%. Want a bet on it as well?  :lol:

:lol:

Remember when Souness didn't know who Yossi Benayoun was when we were linked with him?

whattt?! I don't remember that. Al Pards hadn't heard of Wijnaldum iirc

Yeah if I recall correctly, he didn't seem too impressed being asked if we were linked with him, either. Good ole Graeme.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol:

Remember when Souness didn't know who Yossi Benayoun was when we were linked with him?

whattt?! I don't remember that. Al Pards hadn't heard of Wijnaldum iirc

As much as I love him, big Al didn't know who HBA was when we signed him. Pundits by and large seem to think they're there for their expertise as former-players alone, which is a shame.