Miguel Almirón

Deuce

We all know fat man's rule.  We bid what we think the player is worth and no more.  If not for that rule we would have Aubameyang and Lacazette up front for us on Saturday.  If this bid is true then Almiron will be signing for West Ham / Palace before the end of the month

If (and it's a very big if) we have actually bid 17 million for him then that's still 8 million off their asking price, that's not a small amount of money and is extremely unlikely to be bridged with our owner / approach. Will be another filed into the 'We tried' drawer that the cretinous Pardew used to talk of.

We all know fat man's rule.  We bid what we think the player is worth and no more.  If not for that rule we would have Aubameyang and Lacazette up front for us on Saturday.  If this bid is true then Almiron will be signing for West Ham / Palace before the end of the month

i think you do the fat cunt too much credit.

he bids an amount that will be rejected out of hand.

there's no genuine attempt here.

see keegan court case etc.

More

I just want to inform you that nothing has been said yet and that I will continue in @ ATLUTD , if any change is presented, you will be the first to know. Thanks for the support !!🙌🏻

Translate Tweet

5:43 pm - 11 Jan 2019

Might be his account, might not be.

• 2 weeks later...

Downie saying that he thinks that as of now there's more chance of this happening than this time last week. Nice and vague

He is most likely talking shite or talks with Rafa and fuckwit were more productive than either said or selling club realise there isn't a que forming and window closing

Downie saying that he thinks that as of now there's more chance of this happening than this time last week. Nice and vague

It'll be because of Atlanta having 4 over the 3 player pay cap limiting thing they have in MLS after signing Pity Martinez who plays in Almiron's position I believe. They need to either sell one of those 4 or loan one out.

It'll be because of Atlanta having 4 over the 3 player pay cap limiting thing they have in MLS after signing Pity Martinez who plays in Almiron's position I believe. They need to either sell one of those 4 or loan one out.

Correct.

I can see why they wouldn’t want to loan. If he turns out to be “not suited to English football” his value would drop significantly.

If they sell now they’re looking at anywhere between 16 and 25 million.

And it’s for the same reason most clubs here won’t stump up that fee. It’s a gamble.

Rafa has wanted him for a while apparently and like I've said before about this lad, he'd be a player who I'd look forward to see making his debut. Haven't felt that about a player for a while and would like to. Will only happen if Atlanta lower their price quite a bit which I think is unlikely. Which is a shame because I'd like to see the guy here.

They have to lose one of their DP's in some form, I think. If they don't, one of them can't be registered and another MLS club can have them for free, so they may have to lower the price or let him go temporarily for now.